Mountain Project Logo

Treadwall in the Bay Area?

Original Post
Brent Kelly · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 157

Hey y'all!

Wondering if anyone knows of a Treadwall in the bay area? Motorized, ideally.

I know 4X4's, a patiently psyched partner, and traversing are all things that exist and will help with (power) endurance, but personally I have yet to find a tool more effective or enjoyable for building endurance. Thanks to Bill Ramsey, was inspired and able to use one in Indiana for a few years. 

I'm somewhat surprised there's not one at every gym in the country... Does anyone know of a gym or co-op in the bay area that has one?

Thanks!

-Brent

Tomko · · SANTA CLARA CA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 20

I'd love to find out there is one in the Bay Area too.  The only one I've used was in a random gym with no other climbing equipment in Carson City, NV; I loved the thing!

Mike Ferrell · · Boston, MA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 20

It's been a few years since I've climbed there, but Planet Granite in Belmont had one. May want to give them a call to see if they still have it.

Firestone · · California · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 186
Mike Ferrell wrote:

It's been a few years since I've climbed there, but Planet Granite in Belmont had one. May want to give them a call to see if they still have it.

No more treadwall at PG belmont

Hmmmmm the search continues! Thanks all!

Tony L · · San Carlos · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 832

Golden Gate Wall (Google Maps Link)!  Solid 5.12- traverse if you can do the whole thing. Most people break it up into sections of 5.9 to 5.11 chunks. Great enduro training. Also the traverse around Indian Rock was what we did BITD.

There's a 20' hand crack at the end (easy TR/mini-trax for those who want to do laps, not land on concrete).

Recently visited Golden Gate Wall. Super rad, thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Treadwall in the Bay Area?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started