Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Used alpine gear (mainly hardshell jacket)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Miles Conn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hi y'all

For some context this is my first MP post. I'm 16 and an avid gym climber but this summer I'm taking a introduction to Alpine climbing course. The recommended gear list is all Arc'teryx which I can't afford so I'm looking to buy used gear for now. Right now the gear I'm prioritizing is a hardshell and soft shell jacket, soft shell pants, and a mid-weight fleece as these are the most expensive items. I'd preferably like to buy all my gear used so I'm also looking for (Cat 4 rating glasses, base layers, and gloves). If you have something relevant I'd really like to take a look at it. 

For reference I'm 5'7" ish, male, and 145lbs depending on the day. Thanks so much.

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

Where do you live? 

Miles Conn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0
AndrewArroz wrote:

Where do you live? 

New York City 

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

I see good hard shells in my local thrift store all the time here in the west side of Los Angeles. I bet NYC has used outdoor stuff in great supply. For example, I got a nice Men's M. Mountain Hardware Goretex Shell for $10 about 2 months ago at the neighborhood thrift store. 

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started