Mountain Project Logo

Rainier This Weekend or Next (6/16 or 6/24) Ski?

Original Post
Kyle Krueger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Depending on weather, i am hoping to cruise up Rainier this weekend or next weekend. Looks like snows acoming but there may be a window this saturday/sunday, if not then hopefully next weekend. Depending on partner experience, i am hoping to ascend/descend Fuhrer Finger via ski/splitboard. if there is a lack of experience or skiing ability i would still be interested in ascending D.C. or Emmons/Winthrop. If you are interested and feel that you fit the bill feel free to contact me. i would like to get up there soon before i attempt to solo it a little later in the season.

A little bit about my self.. I have climbed all the WA volcanos and many OR volcanoes. I have glacier experience on these volcanoes and some glaciated peaks in the North Cascades. I have experience in 2 man and 3 man rope teams. i am current on glacier rescue techniques and am quite comfortable on these bigger glaciated peaks. There is plenty to be said about my climbs and ski descents in the last 3 years... feel free to inquire further. I am 24 y.o. and currently living in Olympia. I tend to move fast and light.

If you are interested in joining me I kindly ask that you have some sort of glacier experience and are capable of carrying your own. i am looking for a partner to share this experience with. i am not offering to take someone up these routes.. (my last attempt at finding a partner on MP didn't go so well). anyway, let me know whatchyall think feel free to PM.

Cooper Thomas · · Tacoma, Washington · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I would be absolutley ready for this! My name is Cooper Im 28 years old, I have been through the mountaineers climbing course last year and have climbed on my own for a little before. I have climbed Adams, Baker, Hood as well as Colchuck and Dragontail via the Colchuck Couilour. I never got a chance to make it up Rainier last year weather never cooperated, i don't have skis but I  will by years end. Im familiar with more 3 man teams but 2 man is faster and lighter less rope. If you have any questions for me please don't hesitate to ask and look forward to possibly climbing with you

Kyle Krueger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Still looking for a partner. Weather looks great. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Rainier This Weekend or Next (6/16 or 6/24) Ski?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started