Mountain Project Logo

FS Handmade Lightweight Beanies lined with 100% Merino Wool

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Lovena Harwood · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 350

--- Invalid image id: 112468127 ---

FS Handmade Lightweight Purple Paisley Beanie $30 USD

Yes I make these! These are fully lined beanies (not just the ears) lined with purple 100% Merino Wool. I ice climb and wear this under my climbing helmet so I would guess that they also fit under a ski/snowboarding/biking helmet as well!

Adult Small (20-22 inches)
Adult Medium (22-24 inches)

Outer: Polyester/Spandex
Inner: 100% Merino Wool

Care:
Hand wash in cold water with mild detergent and like colors. Hang to dry. Do not iron, bleach or dry clean.

Ship USA only

Ship via USPS First Class: $2.60

Etsy: etsy.com/shop/SummitShaka
Facebook: facebook.com/summitshaka/

Perry Norris · · Truckee, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 45

Nice!

I'll take one.

Scoop wrote:Nice! I'll take one.
Pm'd you
djh860 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 110

I got mine so soft and so warm!

djh860 wrote:I got mine so soft and so warm!
Mahalo djh860!!! :)
eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525

How do these hold up to head sweat? My experience is that wool doesn't dry out very quickly. Will a little bit of head sweat be noticeably wet with the wool?

eli poss wrote:How do these hold up to head sweat? My experience is that wool doesn't dry out very quickly. Will a little bit of head sweat be noticeably wet with the wool?
Eli, I personally wear top & bottom base layers of Merino Wool and love it's properties. So when I decided to make these beanies lined with Merino Wool, I didn't think I'd have a problem with the lined beanies as well....and I didn't! Merino wool is breathable and wicking. I also have a "midweight version" lined with Merino Stretch Fleece and its also breathable and wicking. One of my climbing friends also uses her lightweight beanie for trail running. Hope this helps!
djh860 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 110

The wool is super soft and not itchy when sweaty

Lovey Harwood wrote: Eli, I personally wear top & bottom base layers of Merino Wool and love it's properties. So when I decided to make these beanies lined with Merino Wool, I didn't think I'd have a problem with the lined beanies as well....and I didn't! Merino wool is breathable and wicking. I also have a "midweight version" lined with Merino Stretch Fleece and its also breathable and wicking. One of my climbing friends also uses her lightweight beanie for trail running. Hope this helps!
Thanks. My experience with wool is very limited so I supposed I just haven't had enough experience with the variety of wool available. I'm definitely interested in getting one of these.
djh860 wrote:The wool is super soft and not itchy when sweaty
Exactly! I too thought my Merino Wool base layers would be itchy. But it's actually very soft and resembles a soft cotton t-shirt.
eli poss wrote: Thanks. My experience with wool is very limited so I supposed I just haven't had enough experience with the variety of wool available. I'm definitely interested in getting one of these.
Thank you Eli! If you have an outdoor store (climbing/skiing/EMS/REI) near you, check out their Merino Wool base layers. The fabric is very soft and doesn't itch against the skin. The link to my Etsy shop is in my original post. Give it a try, if interested, so long as you aren't allergic to wool! :)

The etsy shop doesn't have any midweight beanies is the small size. Do you make midweight beanies in that size?

eli poss wrote:The etsy shop doesn't have any midweight beanies is the small size. Do you make midweight beanies in that size?
Eli, I apologize. I don't have many small sizes in the midweight version, but I did just list the few that I do have available.
Lovey Harwood wrote: Eli, I apologize. I don't have many small sizes in the midweight version, but I did just list the few that I do have available.
Awesome, thanks so much. Just got a grey one.
eli poss wrote: Awesome, thanks so much. Just got a grey one.
Mahalo Eli! Going out to you in tomorrow's mail!

Just got my hat, a medium weight grey one. 4 days from when I bought it. It's awesome, Totally worth the money. Bump for a great seller

eli poss wrote:Just got my hat, a medium weight grey one. 4 days from when I bought it. It's awesome, Totally worth the money. Bump for a great seller
Mahalo Eli! So glad that you are happy with your new beanie! I totally love all mine! LOL! Keeps me warm and def lightweight....even the midweight ones. Mahalo nui loa for your patronage!
dynosaurus- rex · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 10

Hey I know this is kinda after the fact cause the last post on this site was in february but I'm definitely interested in buying one of your hats. I looked on your etsy site and didnt see designs that fit what I was looking for. Did you have any other selections other than the 4 on etsy!

dynosaurus- rex · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 10

*?

dynosaurus- rex wrote:

Hey I know this is kinda after the fact cause the last post on this site was in february but I'm definitely interested in buying one of your hats. I looked on your etsy site and didnt see designs that fit what I was looking for. Did you have any other selections other than the 4 on etsy!

Hi sorry I didn't respond earlier, I just saw your msg now and have family from Hawaii visiting with me. I've re-listed a few more beanies just a few minutes ago. I also have new prints in and the beanies in the new prints will be available as early as September. Mahalo for contacting me.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started