Mountain Project Logo

Reason to "Chain" Lockers Together?

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0
Rob Warden...Space Lizard wrote:

So that "burring" is totally superficial and does NOT EFFECT the rope bearing surface. 

You can put a hanger gouged biner on a sling, since the sling is stationery. The rope is a different situation entirely since it runs over it. If you have egregiously rough biners,  take a file to them. I have zero problem with them on the bolt end of my draws. My bolt ends are typically rope grooved to help anyway. 

It can still damage slings because they aren't completely stationary (unless you are setting a toprope where it is always weighted). They move alot less than the rope but you can't tell me they will never damage a sling because I have seen a sling get damaged by one. I have never heard of one being cut so it isn't extremely dangerous I would say but could decrease the lifespan of your textiles.

It is rare but it can happen so why not just avoid it.

Rob WardenSpaceLizard · · las Vegans, the cosmic void · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 130

If your worried about it Keep track of it. However unless your WORKED, beat and gouged project draws are the carabiners in question. It's not an issue. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trad Climbing
Post a Reply to "Reason to "Chain" Lockers Together?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started