Mountain Project Logo

Just moved from East Coast! Need Tahoe partner all summer!

Original Post
m maup · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 5

Hey y'all,

Just moved here from the east coast for an internship as a designer @ Patagonia. Looking for partners in the Tahoe area to climb locally or further in the Sierras. I'm a newish trad leader, practiced sport leader, and can follower harder stuff in the mid upper 10s. Also even looking for a gym partner if you're in the Reno area. Let me know!! Interested in more alpine climbs but generally just to make the most of my summer while I'm out here. Don't have a car but can provide some sweet coupons! ;)

Meg 

540-834-9660

Jamin Parker · · Truckee. Ca · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Meg

Are you looking to climb mid week this week too? I live in Truckee and I also need a partner for the summer. I sport climb mainly. But willing to climb anything  

Liz Poole · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey meg. My name is Liz. I am currently living in coloma guiding on the American river for the summer. I am very new to trad but am comfortable leading up to 5 10 sport. 

I would love to have someone to climb with on my days off. Would you be interested  in climbing tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday?

Brad Waldo · · CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be at Lovers Leap tomorrow (thursday) before the rest of my party arrives on Friday. Contact me if you'd like to climb some routes tomorrow afternoon or Friday!

Hey Brad Id be down for either tomorrow or Friday. I haven't done anything in lovers leap yet but would love to follow. 

I need to check one thing with my car in the morning though. So could I give you an absolute by morning?

Brad Waldo · · CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

For sure! i'll be arriving around 3pm 

Omg yes this is thread is awesome. I wish I could climb tomorrow but this is the one weekend I'm going home to the east coast for my sister's high school graduation! Leaving tomorrow afternoon :(

@Jamin I can climb mid-week, definitely, especially if its around Donner or River Rock which is pretty close to my work. And almost 100% free if it's after work. I went to Donner today  with some coworkers, it was awesome. What grade sport do you lead? There's a really sweet 10d sport climb thats this cool arete I want to try next time I go back there! I think I can lead it.. we will see hahaha 

@Liz, Where is Coloma? I'm gonna be gone this weekend but any other time, yes definitely! Also your summer job sounds sweet. 

@ Brad do you live around here and will you be back? Jealous, Lovers Leap sounds so fun!! Let me know how it is and what you recommend. 

Also text me anytime about climbing!

Ryan Pfleger · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 25

In Tahoe for the next 10 days, and will be back sometime in July. Trad lead around 5.8, sometimes harder. Sport lead to 5.11. Would love to climb anything while here. Donner, Coldstream, the Leap, Sugar Loaf, wherever! 208 863 4676

Ryan, sweet! I'm literally almost on the exact same grades, so lets climb. Will hit you up when I'm back next week! 

m maup. Coloma is about 45 minutes outside of lovers leap. Between placer vill and auburn. I do not have many days off but want to climb when I'm off work if you are ever down? 

Ryan I'm pretty much at the same level. would you have any desire to climb tomorrow? 

Jamie Ervin · · Asheville, NC · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 5

Hey Team!

I also just moved from the east coast (Asheville, NC) but I live up in Nevada City now. Super psyched to get out this summer! Down for sport, trad, bouldering or mountaineering. Would love to go climbing! 828-403-0418. Donner and Emeralds are the easiest areas for me, but I'm also interested in checking out Lovers Leap at some point.

Cheers,

Jamie

Ryan Pfleger · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 25

Liz, (or anybody) if tomorrow means Saturday, then yeah. I want to climb tomorrow! Text me as I often am late getting messages on MP.

UpRocks · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 10

Hey, I'm looking for a partner this Sunday (6/25) around Donner Summit. I'm thinking maybe some multipitch trad around black wall in the 10s, but could be flexible. I have about a decade experience trad climbing. 607-220-4632

C Cal · · clovis, ca · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be in north tahoe next week, i've been looking for a female partner! lets climb!!

matthew merina · · El dorado hill & Burbank, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Hi Meg I am new to nor cal just moved up there. Looking for partners for tahoe area. 

tianw · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Howdy yall, me and a buddy will be in town from 7/5-7/12. We don't trad but have multipitch lead experience around 5.11 and love bouldering to. We just want to climb and hope to meet some locals. We'd love to return the favor if you ever visit Austin.

Here's my cell, please send me a text. Four-1-five eight one nine, eight 2 five zero. 

matthew merina · · El dorado hill & Burbank, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Let's climb I will be around during the same time. I am funemployed so just climbing. 

Matt Carroll · · Van · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 249

I'm also usually around on Friday's and Saturday's. Always looking for partners! Pretty psyched to climb anything up to 12, but equally as stoked on fun 9s, 10s and 11s!

i normally TR solo if I don't find partners, but let's climb! My number is 570-299-0809, texts would be easier than calls for me. 

Cheers!

Mike Sofaer · · Truckee, CA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 5

Hey, I will be around Truckee for a good portion of the summer (including this week, but not next week) I can follow on 10s, hopefully 11s pretty soon :) Anyone looking for someone to climb with hit me up, 530 763 2372

Wes Jones · · Ventura, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 0

Looks like a solid group of folks looking to climb. 

Rambling and working in the south lake area and trying to get out as much as I can. I'm free Sarurday-Monday every week.  Comfortable leading up to 10b trad and the occasional 11a sport. Psyched to get out and do long alpine routes, or play around Donner, lovers, wood fords, valley, east side, etc. Also eager to continue cutting my teeth at more big walls. Have ropes, haul bag, ledge, doubles and some triples up to 4" and a few hooks.

Hoping to get out this wknd but no partner as of yet. Hit me up if anyone has ideas. Tuolumne? 

Jones_wes@ymail.com

(858)7two2-466seven

amy a · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 0

i'll join the posting party. i'm in carson city, moved to the area over the winter and am looking for partners. lead gear up to about 10b, follow into the 11's. love wide cracks and the sierra. currently have weekends off, once i get settled into my job will have a more flexible schedule and some three day weekends. 

amy 831 227 9503 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Just moved from East Coast! Need Tahoe partner…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.