Mountain Project Logo

THIS IS NOT THE PARTNER FINDING FORUM

Original Post
Kevin Heckeler · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,616

Looking for a partner?  There's a section for that.

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/105987244/eastern-and-southern-states

sara pax wrote:

Oh cool! I'll just post in both from now on.

At least there'd be a fraction of the traffic here in the right area.

Ron Birk · · Boston, MA · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 4,263

I asked about the double posts for years and the moderators/admins have no interest making it more clear or helpful. We just have to live with the double posts.

beensandbagged · · smallest state · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

It seems someones sense of order has been disturbed....

Ron Birk wrote:

I asked about the double posts for years and the moderators/admins have no interest making it more clear or helpful. We just have to live with the double posts.

It's not even double posts anymore, people are literally ignoring the partner section.  Mind as well just close it.

beensandbagged wrote:

It seems someones sense of order has been disturbed....

At the time I posted this thread HALF (I counted) the threads in this section on the first page were partner finding requests.  That's disorder, by forum standards.

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

By the way I am looking for a partner for this weekend 6/16-1/18 Salt Lake City area. I know this is the Southern states but you never know

; )

Mike Gibson · · Payson, AZ · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 0
grog m aka Greg McKee wrote:

By the way I am looking for a partner for this weekend 6/16-1/18 Salt Lake City area. I know this is the Southern states but you never know

; )

Bravo.  Good thing I wasn't drinking milk when I read that.

JF M · · NoCo · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,823

grog this is not the partner finding thread.

but do you have the number for Rock n Resole?

Chris Duca · · Dixfield, ME · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 2,330

Anyone want to climb in the gunks on Thursday?

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419

The Gunks? on Thursday, ?  It is Looking to be very nice weather, would you care to sample some climbing an hour to the south-east? Not a 'connect the chalk-dots' type of thing, Fresh stone, grit, dirt and hard sequences. B.O.B x3 ; Bring your own brushes, & beers n buds; other boulders (too).\;^7|.              ITS ALL GOOD ! (*)

Check, The Smallz album of pictures, on my page                                                                                                                                                                          If anything ( not Avon, or that free-standing column ) looks good, get in touch, that is only about a 10th, of what is around here.

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 20

From what I understand, over 60% of the partner requests actually are not real people.  They are what, are known to the intelligence folks as "bots"!  These bots are fake people originating in Russia, created to wreck havoc on the hobbies of Americans.  The best thing to do is not overreact(Kevin)  but relax and continue to climb.  Stay strong America 

Zach Swanson · · Newton, MA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 36
sara pax wrote:

If we can't post for partners, what are we going to talk about on this forum?

Don't forget that someone left one scarpa shoe on the 2nd pitch of something at Cathedral, would be great if someone could return it.

chris vultaggio · · The Gunks · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 535

Hey now that this is becoming the default partner thread, I'm local and around to climb this summer on weekdays if anyone is looking to get out...

Luke Bertelsen · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Feb 2005 · Points: 4,867
Ron Birk wrote:

Double Posts!!!!.............Man, life is hard.

Zach Swanson · · Newton, MA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 36
Dave Holliday wrote:

(Also does anyone else find it amusing that the entire Eastern seaboard, plus all of "the south" gets lumped into one giant Partner Finder Forum, while California gets a north/south split, and CO/UT/NV each get their own?)

Chris Duca · · Dixfield, ME · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 2,330
chris_vultaggio wrote:

Hey now that this is becoming the default partner thread, I'm local and around to climb this summer on weekdays if anyone is looking to get out...

I need a partner for Wednesday from about 11:30 until dark.  Any interest? 

Hank Caylor · · Livin' in the Junk! · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 643

I was belaying in Rifle yesterday and a marmot got into the top of my pack and ran off with my can of chew..

Zabadoo · · Grand Rapids, MI · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 15
Benjamin Chapman wrote:

Hey...anyone seen my sandwich? I think I may have left it near Stoney Point. When I find it I'll need a climbing partner..anyone available to climb or boulder?

I found this sandwich and want to know why it didn't have mayonnaise on it?

Frank Stein · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 205

I'm thinking about Colorado. Where should I climb?  What shoes should I buy for this trip, and if I use Trango Flexcams, will I die?

Dave Holliday wrote:

Clearly Kevin is the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules.

I was careful to not make this a 'rules' discussion.  It's internet forum etiquette to post in the appropriate area, and for mods to move stuff to where it belongs.

Sara seems to be enjoying herself in her replies, but she raises a good point about the necessity of one or both forums.  If the eastern or eastern partner sections are being under utilized, then one of them likely doesn't need to exist.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "THIS IS NOT THE PARTNER FINDING FORUM"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started