Mountain Project Logo

Devil's Lake Midweek Partners - June

Original Post
Alec Entress · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Hey guys and gals, 

I'll be bumming around Wisconsin for most of June and end of May, looking to get out as much as possible. Only been to the lake once before, so I'll be getting to know the area, but down to explore wherever. I've got a rack and am a newer trad leader, so will be looking to put up moderate routes on lead, and am game to top rope just about anything 11s and down. 

I've got a pad, so I guess we could boulder too, but ropes are more my jam. I'll be in the MKE area and have a car, so down to carpool. I'm available weekends too, but really looking people who can climb in the middle of the week!

262-993-5383

-Alec

NCD · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 50

Hey Alec, I am spending most of the summer in Wyoming, Colorado and South Dakota but will be passing through Devils Lake mid-June on my way out from the East Coast. I would love to get in some climbing maybe around June 14th-17th. I will have bouldering pads with me but am mostly into routes, usually sport climbing, but I guess we can top rope or do some easy trad routes. 

JayL · · Texas · Joined May 2016 · Points: 15

Yo dude, coming to Madison for a couple days. Open to climb June 10 or 12th. I've got a triple rack, double nut set and a bunch of webbing and cord we can use to set up top rope if you want. I'd prefer to lead though. Hit me up if you're interested 2onezero-95four-7four37

Alec Entress · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Just checked in on this. Sounds good to me! NCD, shoot me a text once you figure out your dates, I'll be around and down to climb. Jay I sent ya a text. 

Jake Tveite 1 · · Marquette, MI · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 15

I'd be down to climb on Monday the 12th! I also sent you a text, Jay. 

Jess S. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

I have some free time this week if you're still looking for partners. Sent you a text!

Jake Tveite 1 · · Marquette, MI · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 15

Hey if anyone is free tomorrow or Friday, I'm looking for partners! I've got a single rack of cams and nuts, a 60m rope, and a crash pad. Shoot me a text at 906-458-1231.

Will Laine · · Madison, WI · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

I'm also looking for partners this summer. Prefer to trad climb. Feel free to text me as well: 360-201-6577

Kalil Oldham · · Jersey City, NJ · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 55

I'll be camping at Devil's Lake for a couple of days next week and looking to climb June 20 and June 21. Safe and psyched climber, ready with rack and rope, never climbed at DL before and looking forward to checking it out. Hit me up!

- Kalil

Kalil Oldham · · Jersey City, NJ · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 55

Bump for Tuesday Wednesday partners next week :)

Anyone around? I'll be at the campground. Weather looks pretty good.

- Kalil

Kevin Neville · · Oconomowoc, WI · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 15

Hey Kalil,

Weather cooperating, let's climb. At least Tues, maybe Weds too. Can I camp at your site?

Everyone else: I'm in Oconomowoc for the summer, with a very flexible schedule. I grew up at the Lake, been living in Boston for a while. Looking to TR up to 5.10, maybe 5.11? And lead, starting fairly moderate. I have rack and rope, happy to share rides if you're coming from the southeast.

sgodwin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0

I'll be around the Lake June 29th and 30th with a rack and rope, just need a partner. I've never been there before, but I'm generally happy to lead around 5.10 (or the Australian equivalent at least). 

Are there any particular recommendations for a Devil's lake rack? I only have a couple of climbing days on this short trip so I don't want to bring everything with me if I don't need it. Climbing on quartzite in Australia means lots of wires.

Jan van den Handel II · · Waukesha, WI · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 50
sgodwin wrote:

Are there any particular recommendations for a Devil's lake rack? I only have a couple of climbing days on this short trip so I don't want to bring everything with me if I don't need it. Climbing on quartzite in Australia means lots of wires.

This thread is a good read on gear for the lake. Page six has a great list by James.

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/111700862/cams-and-devils-lake

Sean Peter · · IL · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 105

Don't just partly read through that thread and wind up leaving your cams at home though!! :)

I might be up there on the 29th- but I work freelance so won't know till probably the day before.  I'll check back in with the thread closer to the date and let you know in case you haven't found someone already.

Thanks guys. I brought a single set of cams from purple metolius up to #3 camalot, and and assortment of large and small nuts. I didn't have much space and I'm only here for a couple of days so the hexes and rope stayed at home. I stupidly forgot my tricams. I use them so infrequently on the dolerite at home that they weren't with the rest of my gear.

Sean - sounds good. It would be great if I could hook up with someone (who has a rope) for a climb next thursday/friday. I'll try to get to the climbing gym in Madison one night this week.

Mike Nudi 1 · · New Lenox, Il · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

Hey, 

interested in climbing some moderate classic trad lines at Devils Lake Wisconsin?  Let me know.

sincerely,

mike

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Devil's Lake Midweek Partners - June"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started