Mountain Project Logo

Best routes for you - mixed

Original Post
L Kap · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 105

Hey, love this site so much! One small suggestion: in your "best routes for you" search feature (which is SUCH a helpful tool - thank you!!!), mixed routes currently show up in a search for "sport routes"...they appear as "sport, trad".  I can't figure out any way to exclude them. Is there any way to limit a search for "sport" routes to only routes that require no trad placements? It's a let-down and a pain to have to sift through a list of maybe dozens of search results to figure out what's there that is truly climbable with just draws. Thanks for considering. 

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

A few years ago, we eliminated the "Trad, Sport" combo option, and routes have to be one or the other.  But thousands of route pre-date that change...

Good to know! Is there a way to automate a clean-up of the database and change all the combo routes to "trad"? Or to alter the search function so that "sport, trad" routes don't show up in a search for sport? 

Thanks again. I appreciate the reply and all the fine, fine work y'all admins do. MP is life. 

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098
L Kap wrote:

Good to know! Is there a way to automate a clean-up of the database and change all the combo routes to "trad"? Or to alter the search function so that "sport, trad" routes don't show up in a search for sport? 

Thanks again. I appreciate the reply and all the fine, fine work y'all admins do. MP is life. 

You can use the "Improve this page" button on routes and let us know which it is!  Only do this is you really know what to switch it to.  In general, we now consider Sport to mean that you ONLY need quickdraws and no trad gear.  So a route with both gear and quickdraw/bolts is called Trad.

Gotcha, thanks. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Best routes for you - mixed"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started