Mountain Project Logo

Stolen Go Pro from Miguels Pizza

Original Post
Amanda Gaspelin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Someone stole my Go Pro Hero 5 Black & accessory case+charger on or after May 10 from the basement. If anyone has any information please let me know.

Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 1,667

Ugh! Sorry to hear. I hope you get it back.

It used to be so popular to talk about how "climbing community" is different, and things like that wouldn't happen. But you get the population to be large enough... and sure enough, you find out that climbers as a group are not so different from humans as a group, after all.

:(

DrRockso RRG · · Red River Gorge, KY · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 815

Sorry to hear about your go pro, sad that Miguels has become a place where people would steal stuff. This will come off as Captain hindsight to you, but for others reading, I always charge an external battery at communal charging areas like miguels if I'm not going to stay with it, then charge my electronics in my tent off the battery. Better to lose a $30 battery than am expensive electronic. Good luck!

Lol I know what you mean DrRockso! It was actually my boyfriend that left it out there

Squeak · · Perth West OZ · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 21
Amanda Gaspelin wrote:

Someone stole my Go Pro Hero 5 Black & accessory case+charger on or after May 10 from the basement. If anyone has any information please let me know.

So it was left overnight outside is that right?

If so "Stole" might be a stretch, "found" might be more correct, if they frequent here thay may offer it back. If they dont, then they have no way of identifying the owner. Some folk might hand it to the police or rangers, most won't though.

Eric Carlos · · Soddy Daisy, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 121

Stuff is definitely stolen at Miguel's semi-regularly.  Sometimes it is climbers, and sometimes you have non-climbers that just stop in.  Leaving something that valuable in the basement is pretty risky.  

DrRockso RRG · · Red River Gorge, KY · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 815
Squeak wrote:

So it was left overnight outside is that right?

If so "Stole" might be a stretch, "found" might be more correct, if they frequent here thay may offer it back. If they dont, then they have no way of identifying the owner. Some folk might hand it to the police or rangers, most won't though.

I'm assuming it was left INSIDE in the basement where people frequently leave phones, laptops, and other electronics to charge. This isn't like leaving something in the woods. Taking anything from here is stealing. 

Squeak · · Perth West OZ · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 21
DrRockso wrote:

I'm assuming it was left INSIDE in the basement where people frequently leave phones, laptops, and other electronics to charge. This isn't like leaving something in the woods. Taking anything from here is stealing. 

Ok Cool, Im obviously not familiar with the area. Yeah there are no "found" object from inside a building.

It was charging inside, we were even still in there! I already talked to management and the police.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Stolen Go Pro from Miguels Pizza"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started