Mountain Project Logo

Climbing locations with cell phone service

Original Post
Rayna McGinnis · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

I'm looking for climbing locations around the front range with a solid Verizon cell phone signal. My husband will be on call a few weeks throughout the summer and we still hope to climb. Sport, trader or bouldering. I'd love some hiking/ scrambling recommendations as well. Would have to be four miles or less. Thanks!  

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 86

All of clear creek canyon has service.

Pnelson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 635

some pseudo-minimalist hippy with off-the-grid romanticist fantasies is going to lecture the OP about how bad cell phones at the crag are in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

jmmlol · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0
Pnelson wrote:

some pseudo-minimalist hippy with off-the-grid romanticist fantasies is going to lecture the OP about how bad cell phones at the crag are in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

My phone has saved my sanity on some trips. I welcome phone service.

Jay Eggleston · · Denver · Joined Feb 2003 · Points: 21,381

As said before, Clear Creek.  North Table Mountain also works.

Rick McL · · Arvada CO · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 50

The whole idea of climbing is to get away from civilization and focus on the rewards of climbing. It's about interacting with Mother Nature. Cell phones have no place at the crag. Forget it. Their incessant ringing interrupts the sound of the birds chirping. You should be seeking locations where there absolutely is NOT cell service. Go far deep into the wilderness and discover your Zen self. Become one with Mother Earth and abandon your dependence on artificial communication. Breath deep the aroma of the evergreens. Hear the sound of the alpine breeze. Remove your clothing and let the sun bath you in warmth. 

Rick McL wrote:

The whole idea of climbing is to get away from civilization and focus on the rewards of climbing. It's about interacting with Mother Nature. Cell phones have no place at the crag. Forget it. Their incessant ringing interrupts the sound of the birds chirping. You should be seeking locations where there absolutely is NOT cell service. Go far deep into the wilderness and discover your Zen self. Become one with Mother Earth and abandon your dependence on artificial communication. Breath deep the aroma of the evergreens. Hear the sound of the alpine breeze. Remove your clothing and let the sun bath you in warmth. 

Maybe actually read the OP before you post next time. 

Also yes all those birds in CCC...I mean road noise, so much that you probably will not hear the cell phone ring. 

dsauerbrun · · Boulder · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 56
Parker Wrozek wrote:

Maybe actually read the OP before you post next time. 

Also yes all those birds in CCC...I mean road noise, so much that you probably will not hear the cell phone ring. 

https://i.imgur.com/F636xiP.gifv

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
Pnelson wrote:

Rick McL wrote:

Well-played, Rick. Your comments made me chuckle.

dsauerbrun wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/F636xiP.gifv

Fair enough. Without quoting I don't assume who the person is responding too. This same question has been asked before with people actually saying you should get away from cell service. 

Rick McL · · Arvada CO · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 50
FrankPS wrote:

Well-played, Rick. Your comments made me chuckle.

Thanks Frank. Just good fun. 

Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974

The Flatirons have pretty good coverage. 

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Movement Climbing, Denver Bouldering club, Boulder rock club, earth treks golden, miramont fort collins

Jon H · · PC, UT · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 118

Go to the East Coast. Just about very major crag has service.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Climbing locations with cell phone service"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started