Mountain Project Logo

Looking for someone to climb with around Bellingham 26 June till 6 of July

Original Post
Charlotte Vries · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Heeyyy,

So i am visiting my family from the 26 of June till the 6 of July in Bellingham, And I love climbing so I would like to make a combination of climbing outside and visiting them. Who can help me? I am climbing around 5.8  did some outside climbing but since I life in the Netherlands we don't have mountains I am not the best, but I love it. 

So who can help me? Or make a recommendation for guided  multipitch tour or something like that. That would be awesome.

Hope to hear from you

Charlotte 

andy basabe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 35

I grew up in Bellingham, but am in Spain for the year.  Check out American Alpine Institute, they are a world class guiding company out of Bellingham.  They run guided trips all over the cascades.  The mountains are worth checking out.  If you can't find anyone, but you have a car, I would recommend heading to Cascade Pass/Sahale Peak, about 2 hours drive from Bellingham.  Check it out on the google.  If you have any other questions about the mountains in the area, feel free to ask.  

Jason4Too · · Bellingham, Washington · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Charlotte,

I've spent a lot of time in Eindhoven and actually learned how to climb there.  The challenges of climbing in the Netherlands are very different than they are in the Cascades.  :)

So far we've had a very wet winter and spring, hopefully that changes and we'll get back to our normal summer weather soon.  If you do much cragging in Europe I'd recommend looking for some of the alpine climbs with longer approaches even if the climbing is easier.  You'll get an experience that's different here than it is in the Alps.  If you don't get much of a chance to climb outside of any sort then you should head to Squamish if you can.  It's a couple of hours north of Bellingham and had amazing climbing of all kinds from bouldering to single pitch sport to multipitch sport or trad climbing.  There's even a lot of good alpine climbing within reach.  The downside is that it can get wet.  If the weather on the west side of the mountain range looks wet then check the weather to the east side: Mazama, Leavenworth, Vantage, Tieton. In Mazama you can find an 11 pitch 5.9+ mulitpitch, the crux is the final pitch and the normal way down is to rap so you can easily climb 10 pitches up to 5.8 and leave before the 5.9 pitch (also happens to be where I met Andy the first time).

As Andy said, AAI is the best known guiding company in the area, Baker Mountain Guides are also excellent.  You can look up North Cascades Mountain Guides out of Mazama or find one of the guides working in Squamish on google.  Good luck and I hope you have a good trip!

IJMayer · · Guemes Island, WA · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 350

there is also a facebook group called "Bellingham Climbers" you can join if you're on facebook

andy basabe wrote:

I grew up in Bellingham, but am in Spain for the year.  Check out American Alpine Institute, they are a world class guiding company out of Bellingham.  They run guided trips all over the cascades.  The mountains are worth checking out.  If you can't find anyone, but you have a car, I would recommend heading to Cascade Pass/Sahale Peak, about 2 hours drive from Bellingham.  Check it out on the google.  If you have any other questions about the mountains in the area, feel free to ask.  

Yeahhhh may thanks for your replies !!  So exited

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Looking for someone to climb with around Bellin…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.