Mountain Project Logo

Anyone ever resole their tarantulaces?

Original Post
Chicken Adobo · · Rancho Palos Verdes · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I recently got some new shoes and thought about resoling my tarantulaces. To me they are my most comfortable climbing shoe. Anyone ever get theirs resoled? if so, by whom? 

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

there was a thread recently about exactly this, the consensus was don't bother unless it fits you amazingly well (which it probably doesn't)

Joe Garibay · · Ventura, Ca · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 86

My old tarantulace are at the rubber room now. They were very comfortable shoes for me. I can't imagine that resoling them would make them worse. At the very least I'll have a back up shoe with good rubber. I'll post up a report and pics in a few weeks once I get to try them out. 

Mark Cushman · · Cumming, GA · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 980

I had mine resoled at Rock and Resole, they came out fine.  I wouldn't have bothered but as you say, they fit my foot really well (I have wider feet) and are comfortable on long days.  As far as I can tell the resole that I had done did not change the fit at all.

Joe Garibay wrote:

My old tarantulace are at the rubber room now. They were very comfortable shoes for me. I can't imagine that resoling them would make them worse. At the very least I'll have a back up shoe with good rubber. I'll post up a report and pics in a few weeks once I get to try them out. 

Let me know how they feel! Yeah i'm going to resole mine. They're just to comfortable to throw away. Thanks!

Joe Garibay wrote:

Thanks for the input. I've been looking at that place as well. I hear a lot of good things. Whats the turnaround time look like? Thanks. 

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739
Chicken Adobo wrote:

Thanks for the input. I've been looking at that place as well. I hear a lot of good things. Whats the turnaround time look like? Thanks. 

I have a pair of shoes there right now for a resole. Quoted turnaround is 5 weeks at the moment. (I think this is the busiest time of year for them.)

Joe Garibay · · Ventura, Ca · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 86

My quote was 4weeks about two weeks ago. 

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739
Joe Garibay wrote:

My quote was 4weeks about two weeks ago. 

Yeah, mine was from about 2 weeks ago as well (mail-in, not drop-off). The website currently says 6 weeks.

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 5

I resoled mine years ago, when the first came out, with five ten rubber. They were awesome shoes after that, since the stock rubber is really terrible. The fit is good, you'll be happy. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Anyone ever resole their tarantulaces? "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started