Mountain Project Logo

Thursday, May 18, Neptune presents "The Mountain Guide Manual," 7 p.m.

Original Post
coppolillo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 70

Thursday, May 18, we're lucky enough to have Marc Chauvin in town--IFMGA mountain guide, senior examiner/instructor for the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA), and all-around True Mountain Jedi. Chauvin and I will read from our book, The Mountain Guide Manual ($24.95, Falcon Guides), released this week. 

Beer from Upslope Brewery; free stuff from Edelrid, CAMP, and Rab; and we'll read/demo/discuss techniques and concepts from the book--the recommended resource for the alpine and rock programs within the AMGA. 

We'll get rolling at 7 p.m., hang for a bit until things descend into chaos and they throw us out. Come by and say hi! 

N Nelsen · · Thornton, NH · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 140

Looks great Rob, looking forward to something similar perhaps in our neck of the woods. Flipped through my copy from Marc last night, really well written and the illustrations are spot on. Every guide going through the pipeline from now on will certainly be wanting a copy for a long time to come. 

Hey--thanks a ton! Indeed, Chauvin will get you guys dialed out that way! Glad you are digging it and look me up when you come thru CO--RC

bump

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Thursday, May 18, Neptune presents "The Mountai…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started