Mountain Project Logo

"The Mountain Guide Manual" clinics, Saturday May 20, EVO in Louisville!

Original Post
coppolillo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 70

Saturday, May 20, Marc Chauvin and I will be offering beginner (a.m.) and advanced (p.m.) clinics at EVO Rock and Fitness, in Louisville ($40/person). We'll base our teaching topics on our newly released book, The Mountain Guide Manual ($24.95, Falcon Guides), with an eye towards recreationalists, rather than mountain guides. 

The morning session will cover topics for less experienced climbers like safer belaying, anchor fundamentals, and introduce basic transitions for sport climbing (threading/lowering from anchors, rappelling). 

In the afternoon, we'll dive into more advanced topics like multipitch stance management, more involved transitions for rappelling, complex anchor considerations, and leading strategies. 

Marc has 30+ years of experience as a mountain guide and is the third American to earn IFMGA certification. He owns his own guide business in North Conway, New Hampshire, and is one of the senior instructors/examiners for the American Mountain Guides Association. He's guided in Alaska, Canada, Europe, and throughout the US. I also hold IFMGA certification (I was the 97th American to achieve it) and I've been climbing/skiing in Colorado for 40 years. I've guided in Canada, the US, and Europe. I co-own Vetta Mountain Guides, based in Boulder. This is my second book. 

We'd love to see you there. I'll attach the flyer below and don't hesitate to hit me with questions--info@vettamountainguides.com. You can also purchase the book on Marc's website (chauvinguides.com) or on the Vetta Mountain Guides website. We'll have copies at the clinics for sale, too--come by! 

Mark Hammond · · Eldorado Springs, CO · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 466

Bump. These guys rule. This is a bargain!

Thanks, gents! 

Kelly Cordes · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Oct 2001 · Points: 95

aw drats, gonna be out of town. but this is super cool -- i love learning new things, and every time i get out with you or one of your fancy pants ilk (you may be a guide, but you ain't no better 'an me, college boy! ha), i pick up a cool trick of some sort. there's so much to learn, wish i could attend, but i'll read the book!

Cordes, you're a legend...let's get a Lumpy day before it's fracking hot! RC!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to ""The Mountain Guide Manual" clinics, Saturday M…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started