Mountain Project Logo

Birdsboro after a day of rain?

Original Post
Will Delorm · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 1

Hey folks,

It's gross and raining today in NY/PA, but is looking more dry tomorrow. Does any one have beta on whether it'd be worth heading to the Bird tomorrow morning?

Baba Fats · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I haven't actually been to birds yet, but I work in KoP (standing outside of my job right now),  ands it's really muggy out.  I'd assume it wouldn't be too dry tomorrow.  But I dont know how much moisture that are holds after a bad day of rain.  I know wissahicon would still be wet

Mister Awesomeness · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

About 2/3 of birdsboro will stay wet for at least 24hrs after a big rain. There are a few areas that will tend to dry quickly but only if there is sun or wind.

sambo2591 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 60

The main wall stayed dry for the most part when i was there a few weeks ago. 

Joe Kain · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Those walls get a lot of direct sunlight which makes it a good winter crag. If it's sunny out it should dry up. Having said that I would still expect some routes to have a significant amount of runoff coming down from up top.

Andrew G · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 404
Will Delorm wrote:

Does any one have beta on whether it'd be worth heading to the Bird tomorrow morning?

Is it ever really worth it to head to Birdsboro Quarry???

Most useful comment ever, I know.

Chris Duca · · Dixfield, ME · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 2,330

It is currently raining in Downingtown (about 30 minutes from the Bird).  Many of the routes will be wet tomorrow (Sunday) due to the overcast forecast for the remainder of the weekend.  Head to your local plastic palace.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Birdsboro after a day of rain?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started