Mountain Project Logo

West side Vegas updated/new climbing gym plans?

Original Post
Christopher Kelly · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 443

Not meant to ruffle any feathers and I know that the Red Rock Climbing Center is the historical "go to" for gym climbing near Red Rock on the west side of town and has great route setting, but I really feel like the facility is outdated by modern standards. Poor lighting, only 35 foot lead climbing walls, etc.. For being a large city near a world class destination, seems like the area is prime for a new state-of-the-art facility. I was just wondering if there has been any scuttlebutt or rumors of anything being planned for that side of town.

Christopher Kelly · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 443

Bump

Nicholas Gillman · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 327

Before moving here (to Vegas) I heard earth treks had plans to open a gym close to RR but that was 3ish years ago from an employee at there Maryland location. How true that ever was who knows. 

But rent on that direction has got to be a major reason there isn't some gigantic facility on that side of town 

Ken Weaver · · Las Vegas · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 5

ET just announced a new location in Colorado.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/01/americas-largest-climbing-gym-englewood/

With plans, it would seem, to keep expanding. I doubt they will make it to Summerlin anytime soon. =-)

Walter Galli · · Las vegas · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 2,247

Origin climbing and fitness is the best in LV I climb there often. Walls with ropes and tons of boulder problems...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "West side Vegas updated/new climbing gym plans?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started