Mountain Project Logo

No response from Fixe Hardware support

Original Post
curvenut · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 0

Hi,

I am trying to contact Fixe Hardware  support email and got no response after a week.

Ayone had experience with the support team and the response time ?

Cheers,

Muscrat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 3,625

You using this address?    support@fixehardware.com

KD is in and out a lot, but usually has someone to ship and answer  phone/e-mail. 

Muscrat wrote:

You using this address?    support@fixehardware.com

KD is in and out a lot, but usually has someone to ship and answer  phone/e-mail. 

Exactly  and I also sent it to    warranty@fixehardware.com

and no reponse from them yet !

I gues they are out climbing !!!

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20
Alexander Stathis · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 656

I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere on this forum that Fixe has... inconsistent customer support. 

Michael Brady · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,362
Alexander Stathis wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere on this forum that Fixe has... inconsistent customer support. 

Fixe US distribution is a tiny company. KD or whomever is answering emails may be occupied by something more fun than emails.

Right or wrong thats just the way it is.

joe trabucco · · Boulder, co · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

totem.

20 kN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,346

Indeed Fixe's customer service is far from exemplary. You're far from the only person who has had an issue. There are cheaper places to buy Fixe's product if you're willing to buy internationally, I'd suggest looking into those options or choosing a different brand altogether.

Climbin Symon · · Ventura, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I just waited over 6 weeks (I was originally told it would be 1-2 weeks before it would ship) for 30 bolts and 30 hangers. Once delivered yesterday I got 60 bolts and no hangers. Any recommendations on other distributors would be greatly appreciated. Def not very good cumstomer service in my opinion. 

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

It's pretty impressive that people are still able to waste their money on a company that has such a bad reputation.  Wait...is that the right word?

Well in my case it is for a warranty / repair of an old CCH Alien black-blue.

The spring is broken .

Hopefully they repair it !

Shane Brown · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0
common experience here!  I'm sure KD is a cool bro, but he sucks at customer service.  
Anastasia Bl · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2009 · Points: 505

<<<Well in my case it is for a warranty / repair of an old CCH Alien black-blue.

The spring is broken .

Hopefully they repair it !>>>

Never happened to me with the similar issue on my black Alien. However cool KD is, he surely finds his way to weasel himself out of a warranty/repair. 

In most unimaginable way possible. He calls back, and YELLS, YELLS and YELLS for hours that you have no freaking clue how to properly place an alien. Until you give up and hang up on him. 

Seriously? Body weight bounce test in the aider, the spring gets broken, and you are being yelled at for being clueless...THAT'S THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Like others said, switch to Totems.

You could try mailing them to Fixe-Faders in Spain, who is the actual manufacturer of the product. Based on everything I’ve heard about Fixe, I doubt you’re going to get anything from them.

Climb Germany · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 2,505

I think the standard answer on here for anything relating to Fixe, in particular the quality of their work and customer service is one single word: Totem

20 kN wrote:

You could try mailing them to Fixe-Faders in Spain, who is the actual manufacturer of the product. Based on everything I’ve heard about Fixe, I doubt you’re going to get anything from them.

Thanks for the feedback 20kn

Anastasia B wrote:

<<<Well in my case it is for a warranty / repair of an old CCH Alien black-blue.

The spring is broken .

Hopefully they repair it !>>>

Never happened to me with the similar issue on my black Alien. However cool KD is, he surely finds his way to weasel himself out of a warranty/repair. 

In most unimaginable way possible. He calls back, and YELLS, YELLS and YELLS for hours that you have no freaking clue how to properly place an alien. Until you give up and hang up on him. 

Seriously? Body weight bounce test in the aider, the spring gets broken, and you are being yelled at for being clueless...THAT'S THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Like others said, switch to Totems.

Anastsia,  problem is Totem will  make the black (and maybe the hybrid blue-black) Basic only in 2018, as far as I known.

I emailed them last year and that<s the response Igot from them for the black Basic! unfortunately !

Kevin Daniels aka KD · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2010 · Points: 0

kevin

Benjamin Chapman · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 18,963

Curvenut....yes, I had a similar situation with Fixehardware this week. I purchased an order of Powers 3/8" 5-piece bolts. While using a torque wrench to torque the bolt down the bolt snapped off near the junction of the smooth shaft and the threaded portion. According to Powers and Fixehardware the 3/8 PS bolt should be torqued to 25 ft/lb and the bolt broke as I neared 21 ft/lbs on the torque wrench. I sent Kevin Daniels at Fixehardware an email five days ago with details pertaining to the issue and haven't received a response. This is the 2nd time I've sent an email to Fixehardware regarding a hardware issue without receiving a reply.

Climbin' Symon...try ClimbTech or Rapbolting.com

Greg Barnes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 2,065
Benjamin Chapman wrote:

Curvenut....yes, I had a similar situation with Fixehardware this week. I purchased an order of Powers 3/8" 5-piece bolts. While using a torque wrench to torque the bolt down the bolt snapped off near the junction of the smooth shaft and the threaded portion. According to Powers and Fixehardware the 3/8 PS bolt should be torqued to 25 ft/lb and the bolt broke as I neared 21 ft/lbs on the torque wrench. I sent Kevin Daniels at Fixehardware an email five days ago with details pertaining to the issue and haven't received a response. This is the 2nd time I've sent an email to Fixehardware regarding a hardware issue without receiving a reply.

Climbin' Symon...try ClimbTech or Rapbolting.com

Powers stopped making the 5-piece in carbon steel, it is only made in stainless steel. The new bolt (Power-bolt+) should not be called a 5-piece. It has a smaller bolt core (1/4" instead of 5/16") and is half the strength of the tried-and-true 5-piece (Power-bolt+ is around 4000 lbs shear vs nearly 8000 lbs for the 5-piece aka Power-bolt). The 3/8" size is marginal on strength and really should not be used for climbing at all (just like 3/8" Powers Lok-bolts and plenty of other manufacturer's 3/8" sleeve bolts). Also the torque specs have changed, actually if you follow the link to the Powers site and check out the guide torque it is 20 for the 3/8" and 40 for the 1/2".

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "No response from Fixe Hardware support"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started