Mountain Project Logo

Best climbing films?

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

Meru

CCChanceR Ronemus · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 130
Tyler Metheney wrote:

The Summit.  A great documentary on the savage mountain K2. The only peak left to see a winter ascent I believe. 

Wut. Somehow I doubt that considering there are still many unclimbed 6000ers in the Himalaya haha

Pil Jungli · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 60

Don't know how to get full movie legally but I've got it if anybody wants to share.

Squeak · · Perth West OZ · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 21
Nick Goldsmith wrote:

Meru

Hadn't heard about this before this thread. Just ordered it. $14 Looking forward to it. :) 

Robert Hall · · North Conway, NH · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 27,827

I'll vote for Metonia - http://www.jeffloweclimber.com/jeff-lowes-metanoia-trailer.html    and North Face 

If you're looking for something a bit mellow, with real actors try "5 Days one Summer", especially if your SO isn't a climber. 

Chase Horn · · Los Gatos, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 2

Valley Uprising was only one installment of REELROCK's series of 11 films. While Valley Uprising is definitely the best received by the masses, but every REELROCK is just as encapsulating for a climber. Valley Uprising was more of a special feature focusing on the overall history of climbing in Yosemite, their other films do a great job narrating the modern day feats and trends in the climbing world. You'll have to dish out a few shillings to watch them, but it is well worth it. Also, may have heard through a friend of a friend of a coworker's doctor that the free downloads are pretty easy to find... definitely haven't tried it myself at all though.

Preston Oakes · · TN · Joined May 2017 · Points: 60

New Phil Powers of the American Alpine Club documentary https://youtu.be/ZHxkH9GqPHo

Preston Oakes · · TN · Joined May 2017 · Points: 60

I thought it was quite nice 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Best climbing films?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started