Mountain Project Logo

Unaweep Crag Question

Original Post
James Hicks · · Fruita, CO · Joined May 2012 · Points: 131

I was out poking around in Unaweep the other day when I couldn't find a partner and hiked up to the crag pictured below (google map linked as well). It doesn't seem to match up with anything on MP, but its totally possible that I just haven't seen a pic from the same angle or that my MP sleuthing skills suck. Its also possible its on private property since its Unaweep. I hiked up to the top to scope some things out and found a really old anchor (so old I couldn't even tell what the ancient slings were anchored too due to the amount of dirt and such that covered it) at the top of what looks to be the easiest route up. Its totally possible I missed some bolts as well if they exist, I didn't hike across the bottom of the entire crag. 

I checked the GPS point against the BLM property lines in Google Earth when I got home and the point is almost right on the boundary, with the point lying just outside the BLM boundary sadly. Of course its possible the KMZ file I am using is off by a little, the GPS is off by a little, or where Google Earth shows the crag to be is off by a little. Anyone out there know anything about the crag? If anything it would be cool to get a bit of a history lesson.

https://www.google.com/maps/placelists/list/15O0zMydUz6GlTYXhC_1Dq2Qm2aA

James Hicks · · Fruita, CO · Joined May 2012 · Points: 131

Bump

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Unaweep Crag Question"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started