Mountain Project Logo

Trad Partners, Front Range

Original Post
Matthew Gerhart · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

I moved to Denver recently, and am looking for partners to climb trad with this season.  Ultimately, I’d love to get up to RMNP this summer and get on routes like The Barb, Syke’s Sickle, the Casual Route, etc.  And I’m always up for a trip to the Creek.  Would be ideal to climb with folks at Eldo or elsewhere before tackling bigger objectives.  Depending on the area and the style of climbing, I can lead anywhere from low to high 10s on gear.  I’ve been climbing for about 10 years, and have a lot of experience on multipitch trad routes, from desert towers around Moab and the Creek to alpine routes in the Bugaboos, Sierras and Cascades.  I live in Denver, and am 39.  Thanks!

Forrest Shafer · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 20

Hey Matthew, I just got to boulder and am looking for partners to climb eldo, along the front range, and weather permitting Estes and RMNP. I've been climbing for about 6 years, bigger multi pitch trad for about 2 years. I can lead trad up to 5.10- and sport 5.11. I'm only going to be around for the next few weeks but I am free all the time (I live in a van and just climb). 9702276140.

Eric195 · · Golden, CO · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Matthew, I'm always looking for new trad partners. I climb about your level and have climbed all different areas around the front range. Also love the creek, eldo, and south platte. Mostly available on weekends, sometimes after work and movement boulder before work. 

Jonathan S · · Golden, CO · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 176

PM sent. For the other lookers, my partners have dwindled recently, and so I am looking for more competent and motivated partners. Right now, my best times to climb are Sunday and occasional weekdays (usually Fri/Mon). I prefer trad and multi-pitch to mid 5.10, and also alpine snow/ice/mixed.

Wes Martin · · Golden, CO · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 15

To all: I just moved to Denver. I'll be free most weekends this summer and can usually do Fridays or Mondays. Looking to do multi pitch trad, I lead up to 10c right now, double rack, experienced, safe. Down to climb with any of you guys posting here! 

S E · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 878

What's your schedule like during the week? I am looking for a partner for Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. I have similar interest in routes and am also hoping to work up to some longer routes in the park

Nick Blankenberger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 35

I'll chime in myself, I live 10 minutes from Eldo and get off work at 3:30PM M-F and am always looking for partners to get an afternoon session in.  I have been climbing for about 10 years as well, very comfortable with multi-pitch and trad but just now breaking into leading 10s on gear.  Happy to belay and follow up to high 10s.  

Cortney L · · Englehood, CO · Joined May 2015 · Points: 42

Anyone thats looking for a weekend trad partner or for more remote alpine multi pitch stuff PM me, im always psyched to get out. can lead up to mid 10s and follow probably higher than that. I have an office job, so weekdays dont usually work well for me unless its a planned trip. 

Chad German · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

Adding to list.  three0three toforto 7506 contact.  Like alpine trad best but do all sorts of climbing and backpacks.  

Christian Mason · · Westminster CO · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 161

Hey Matt,

I'm looking for new safe and motivated partners for alpine and multipitch.
I've lived in Colorado since 2010 and been climbing for around 14 years now.

I prefer trad and alpine climbing but I climb a lot of sport with my wife.  I'm currently working a 9-5 so I'm mostly available before and after work, and on weekends.

I'm generally very safety consciousness (have an AVI1, course complete SPI, currently taking a WFR).  Happy leading safe 10s and 11s (sometimes whip on eldo 11s) on gear.  Hit or miss onsighting 12a sport when I'm in shape.

Alison C · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

To everyone -- looking for safe trad multi-pitch partners (preferably max 175 lbs) for occasional weekday or weekend. Have a couple regular partners, but looking to fill random free days. Live in Eldo, but would also be up for Lumpy, RMNP, S.Platte or Vedauwoo. Also rotate around BRC, Movement Denver, Earthtreks, and Evo if folks are free during the week.

Looking for a partner this Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (maybe something mellow in Eldo like Ruper or Yellow Spur).

Thanks!

Ari W · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hello! 

I'm looking for trad partners mainly for Eldo on the weekends.  I have climbed for 5 years and am a safe climber.  Been focusing on my trad leading this past year and feel good on 5.8 Eldo.  Can follow 5.10.  I am looking to get out this Saturday!  303.349.9358.  Thanks!

-Ari

Zach Joing · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 85

Looking for partners around Boulder.  I have fairly flexible schedule as well.   303-eight-590threesix1

mountainhick · · Black Hawk, CO · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 120

I'll throw my hat in the ring: I have some regular partners, but every year inevitably things get a little thin from time to time, and always great to have more people to hook up with.

My time is super flexible, but typically I book up for climbing a week or two ahead.

5.10-5.11 trad or sport, Eldo or CCC

Check my profile.

Kevin L · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 5

Does anyone want to get out tomorrow in Eldo? 2514nine00two77

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Trad Partners, Front Range"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started