Mountain Project Logo

Careful of Marcus DeWitt

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Ian Lauer · · Yakima, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 15

"Marcus Dewitt wrote:

I've got a WC 6 Friend. Barley used. I have two of them and never carry both even for the wide. A few scratches from banging around on the rack but it's basically new. 

It's yours for $95, that includes the shipping. Feel free to PM or email marcusdewitt1978@gmail.com "

-----------------------------------------------------------

Careful of this seller. I payed via Paypal and added 3% because the user was created 4 days ago. The seller communicated several times on email promising shipping and tracking today, but instead cancelled the sale and refunded with no explanation and no response from email.

This is suspicious, that's all

Marc Squiddo · · Mountain View, CA · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 15

Glad you got your money back. Could be much worse

Yup, stay vigil!

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

So you get all your money back and decide to smear him on the internet?

I'm glad I'm not your ex

You are entitled to your opinion. When something is shady, I don't mind letting people know that it was so. I didn't smear the guy. I said be careful and posted the details factually.

This is intended as reminder that you should use Paypal's protection if you are unsure of the buyer.

Please don't respond to this thread further. This was just a PSA, and I'd rather not clutter the Buy, Sell page. We can take it to general discussion or PM's unless the seller wants to post here. 

Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 24,665

What's the problem with the OP here?  He posted that the seller agreed to terms then cancelled a sale without further communication.  
I'm glad that it was highlighted here, for one.  It sounds like bad and maybe fishy business. 

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

He refunded your money with no explanation.

That's bad business, certainly not shady. Leave him a bad seller review and leave it at that, no need to post his full name in the title of the post.

I've done what is appropriate. Nobody would have looked at a seller review, because he changed the title to "SOLD"

This worked exactly as it should, a reminder to stay protected on sales that don't look right. Because occasionally they might not be.

I'm not replying to this further. If you have beef, send me a PM.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started