Mountain Project Logo

Moving to Denver August 1st - Looking for a 1 br apartment

Original Post
Dave Owens · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hello,

The girlfriend and myself are stoked to get on some Colorado rock! We are officially moving to Denver and we are looking for a 1 bedroom apartment for an August 1st move-in date. If anyone has any ideas or knows anyone who is moving out... let me know!

Feel free to message me for more information / contact info!

mark felber · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 41

Where will you be working? Do you need access to good schools?

I'll be going to Regis University for a grad program!

Biking distance to there would be nice... but not required. So it appears that "West, Northwest, North and Central" areas of Denver are all potential candidates?

Edit: According to this webiste: https://www.urbanistinsider.com/denver/explore/northwest -- It appears that northwest denver is the way to go. So any of the neighborhoods there would be best: Regis, Berkeley, Chaffee Park, Sunnyside, West Highland, Highland, Sloan Lake, etc.

mark felber · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 41

Move a little west from there (Wheat Ridge, Arvada) and the rents will start to drop a little, and you'll be closer to the crags. Still bike riding distance to Regis. There's a bike trail from Golden to just north of Regis and onward into Denver (Clear Creek Trail).

Wow this is such great advice... checking out that bike trail looks awesome! Thank you Mark!

SteveZ · · Excelsior, MN · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 431

I used to bike to Regis when I lived in Arvada, super pleasant! Almost no on-road time. I think it was 7 miles or so from where we were (Estes and Oberon). 

Sorry, I don't have any leads on apartments but consider your proximity to the train tracks if you end up in Arvada, they're real loud and still blow horn everytime at some crossings. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Moving to Denver August 1st - Looking for a 1 b…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started