Mountain Project Logo

Tucson trip late October/early November questions

Original Post
neils · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 30

I may have a chance to go to Tucson late October or early November this year.  From what I can gather that is a decent and doable time to climb in the area.  I was thinking Mt. Lemmon and Cochise Stronghold. Maybe 2 days in each locale. 

I am primarily a Gunks climber - I can lead 5.5 there and follow up to 5.6 or 5.7.  In Red Rock I followed 5.8 with no issues.  Do these areas sound good for that time of year and my climbing level?  From what I can see it looks like it is do-able.  Looking to do easy/moderate trad.

I was thinking of getting a guide for a few days if I can't find partners. Can anyone recommend a guide service?  These guys looked pretty good to me http://www.pangaeamountainguides.com/index.html

Thanks.

Paul Zander · · Bern, CH · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 739

Yes, the weather for climbing is quite nice around that time of year. Yes you will find fun and scenic easy/moderate climbs in your grade range on Mt Lemmon and Cochise. Yes, Pangaea would be a good choice for a guide service.  

neils · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 30
Paul Zander wrote:

Yes, the weather for climbing is quite nice around that time of year. Yes you will find fun and scenic easy/moderate climbs in your grade range on Mt Lemmon and Cochise. Yes, Pangaea would be a good choice for a guide service.  

thanks a lot - i thought so but wanted to be sure - here's to hoping the trip happens :)  i hope to get 2 days on lemmon and 2 days in cochise

timinthehouse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

The stronghold is legit, get your slab game up dude.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Tucson trip late October/early November questions"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started