Mountain Project Logo

Boise partners?

Original Post
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Anyone in the Boise area who would enjoy helping me up my climbing game?

I'm as advertised, so you will not be training  a hot shot to be your new partner on all that amazing stuff you wanna get after.

Instead, if you are an uber safe, patient, kind, experienced teacher, you will have a climber who loves to learn, tries hard, is diligent about safety, and actually finds a good belay very satisfying. 

I would have to beg a ride from you, but another perk of hanging out with an old lady? I know how to bake! I also garden and have been cooking for fifty years, so there's the potential for seriously excellent eats now and then.

I happen to not drink, so the beer bribery is out, but I consider coffee important enough it really should be in the health insurance drug plan, so there's that.

Thanks in advance!

Best, Helen

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Helen,

You could still buy others beer, even if you don't drink it yourself. Or can you not have it in your possession, at all? Note: I don't drink either, but I could buy beer for someone.

Good job attempting to meet experienced climbers.

FrankPS wrote:

Helen,

You could still buy others beer, even if you don't drink it yourself. Or can you not have it in your possession, at all? Note: I don't drink either, but I could buy beer for someone.

Good job attempting to meet experienced climbers.

Very true, Frank! I was hoping you'd see this, as I was thinking of you when I wrote it.

AND, I like dogs!!! Sheesh, how could I forget that? My most sincere apologies to all crag pups out there. Give 'em a scratch from me.

H.

I'm aiming to climb once or twice a week, inside or out (outside preferred), evenings and weekends, usually could work.

Thanks! Helen

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Boise partners?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.