Mountain Project Logo

Climbing partners near Minneapolis

Original Post
Grant Janecek · · Seattle WA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I live in Minneapolis and am looking to meet some climbing partners around the area. I usually frequent Taylor's Falls on the weekend. Just starting to get into trad and sport climbing outdoors. I climb mid-high 10's, confidant in my anchor skills, and lead belaying.

Mike Kubes · · Fort Collins · Joined May 2014 · Points: 191

Hey Grant, I'v been itching to get out on real rock as well. I live in Duluth and I primarily climb trad around 5.10 ish. I'm very safety orientated and currently pursuing certification through the AMGA.

Bryan · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 457

I'm in the area and like trad climbing. I might be going out to Taylor's on Sunday (already with 1 or two people - but we could always get multiple ropes going). Let me know if you want to head out.

Mike - I love climbing up on the north shore (palisade, section 13, mystical mountain, etc). Let me know if you would ever like a partner as well. I'm competent with my systems and psyched to climb.

Mike Kubes · · Fort Collins · Joined May 2014 · Points: 191

I work in healthcare and have a 4 day weekend every week. I'm usually free Saturday afternoons though Tuesdays.

Anyone interested in hitting the Black Hills, Devils Tower or Thunder Bay this season?

Grant Janecek · · Seattle WA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Mike, that's awesome that you are pursuing your AMEGA certification. I also take a very safety oriented approach to my learning. My job is flexible so I can take 3 or 4 day weekends, I would be interested in venturing out of state this summer. Also heading up to the north shore is feasible on a Sunday.

Bryan, I would love to get out to Taylor's on Sunday. I will pm you with my contact information​.

Isaac Fuhr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Adding to this thread here. I'm also looking for a climbing partner. Love the outdoors, sport climbing or top rope. Haven't gotten into trad yet, but I want to learn some day. Even just hitting up vertical endeavors is more fun with a partner. Auto-belay gets old.  I'm free most sundays and Monday and Tuesday evenings. 

PNW-Alex · · Saint Cloud, MN · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I'll throw my hat in the ring on this one as well.  I live up in St. Cloud but am interested in getting out and climbing, contact me if looking for a competent, safe partner for TR, sport or trad.

-alex

Jared Roddy · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Hey, its only been two years, maybe some of these guys are still on here...he said, not holding his breath.

I've just gotten back into climbing after a 15 year hiatus. I'm climbing 4 or 5 days a week at the MBP the past four months. Just went to taylors falls this weekend and have a powerful lust to get back out on the rock.
I could still build an anchor and top rope. I have a rope and belay gear and runners. But no trad gear or firsthand knowledge of trad climbing. (I only ever top roped in my youth). I'd really like to change that. I'll be a great student for anyone who knows their shit and just needs a climbing partner. I really want to learn technical climbing and bomber anchor/personal anchor building.
Have car, will travel. Work schedule allows me to get away on any given weekday. No pad but I  could rent one from MBP if need be. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Climbing partners near Minneapolis"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started