Mountain Project Logo

Climb in Crabby Appleton area?

Original Post
Politically Correct Ball · · From WA to AZ · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 5

Hey, I just climbed something on this wall and don't know what it's called. It *may* have been "Tom Terrific" but the description I've seen doesn't match it 100%.

P1: Start a little up the descent ramp under a lot of dark. There's an obvious crack/flake that terminates at the point another starts (second one is flare/seamed out and doesn't take pro). After a little runout there is a V1 boulder problem and an easy left-slanting ramp leading to overhanging flakes. Pitch terminates at a button head ~140ft.

P2: Go up to a right-facing arch. Lot of moss. Found a bail anchor with 1990s biners, wallnuts, and sling. ~80ft.

P3: Traverse left clipping the 20yr old bail sling and run it out up some super thin/slab to a dish, #1 under the arch, keep traversing for 30ft past the arch then up an obvious crack to the top. This pitch didn't seemed like it had been climbed as I broke a few graham-cracker flakes including one I was pulling on and nearly went for a whoop-de-do (excellent pitch, however). 200ft

I'd give it a star or two (the moss factor prevents me from giving any more, but suffice it to say this would get more stars in Oregon). Really good, committing moves with tricky pro.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Climb in Crabby Appleton area?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started