Mountain Project Logo

Best climbing destinations for April/May

Original Post
Jeffrey Gomes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hi everybody. I'm from Toronto looking to travel for a week to climb at the end of April beginning of May. I'll be traveling alone so somewhere where i can meet other climbers and find partners would be mandatory. I'm down for any type of climbing whether it be bouldering, trad or sport. Wanted to go to Squamish but got deterred by the weather. I'm 31 and have been climbing for about 5 years on and off. I boulder at about v5 and sport climb at 5.10+ if it matters. Looking to get some opinions on where i can get in the most amount of time climbing in a week. Im sure there are a lot of places in the states just a little lost with all the possibilities.

ChrisMurphy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

driving distance you can go to NRG, RRG, Rumney NH, etc for sport or the Daks, Gunks, and lots of places in VT or NH for trad

plenty of places to hit within driving distance for you and I'm sure others can add a lot more to my brief little list

Jeffrey Gomes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks Chris.  I'll keep these places in mind for when I get my drivers license back (suspended...) 

Anyone know how easy it would be to find partners in Potrero Chico at this time of year? 

Malcolm Ferguson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

I was in EPC in February.  Super social scene, but I'm sure its getting quite warm down there.  Most climbers have moved on.  I'm planning a trip at the end of May somewhere, I'm also a solo climber.  I live in London, Ont.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Best climbing destinations for April/May"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started