Mountain Project Logo

foster falls this weekend

Original Post
SuperB · · Cumming, Ga · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 25

this will be my first trip to foster falls. anyone have any tips we climb sport at mount yonah. 5.10 and below.  also how are the decent paths? 

Brandon.Phillips · · Portola, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 55

The better routes at Fosters start at 5.9, though there are a few quality 5.8s.  You can hike around the rim and down, or straight down and through the canyon. The descent paths are well maintained and well signed. You now have to reserve camping at the TN state parks website.  Bring something to swim in, it will be worth it.  

thanks 

Collin Crawford · · Non-local, local WYO · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 180

Paths are well established and maintained.  There are 90-100 ft climbs there so bring at least 14 draws. I'd hike allllll the way to the red light districit area (or further) first day and work your way back to the hot spots. Which will probably be roped up by large groups top roping and not leaving. I'd also recommend swim wear for the falls and getting a camp site now. Father Adams site is the way to go but also includes a half mile hike to get to from the parking lot. Pack light! 

stolo · · Lake Norman, NC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 214

Not many easy routes at Foster Falls. There are some campsites in the woods that are nice too. 

Chris Fedorczak · · Portland, OR · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Ankles Away in the Dihedrals is a great sub 10 climb, as well as Bear Mountain Picnic in Jimmywood. There are lots of great routes in the moderate range at FF, just ask around if you don't have the guidebook.

As others have said, it's an easy hike down into the canyon from the parking lot, across the bridge by the base of he falls, and then back along the wall where all the routes are. 

Have fun! It's always been one of my favorite places to climb in the Southeast.

none none · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 950

There is a great 5.8 called Saturated you should get on and the route left of it, Ruben, is great as well!

thank you we got the camp site reserved and a guide book 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "foster falls this weekend "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started