Mountain Project Logo

Looking to borrow cordless Hammer drill

Original Post
Nickolas C Mueller · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 655

My brother and I are going out to climb in South Dakota. We are looking to borrow a cordless hammer drill from someone in the Milwaukee or surrounding areas. We have previously bolted routes out in SD by hand and are looking for something a little faster. We are willing to meet at a location of your choosing. We will offer to buy two six packs of beer of your choosing and/or are open to any negotiations. We are hoping to have this no later than April 10th, 2017. Please PM me or comment on this forum.

Thanks

NC climber · · North Conway NH · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 5

Are you for real???

Vas Carmicheal · · Mexican Hat, UT · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 6

The fact that you even specify the drill needs to be "cordless" is not very confidence inspiring.

Derek S · · Minnesota · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 70

Be sure to align yourself with the bolting ethics of the area. Black Hills Climber's Coalition is a good place to start.

Bolting info can be found here - sylvanrocks.com/history_cus…

Scott Morris · · Bountiful, UT · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 853

You might be best served by renting one.....or possibly forking over the $$ to purchase your own. Personally I'd never hand over that type of tool to a couple of strangers who are planning on taking it several states away. Good luck!

Wiled Horse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669
Vas Carmicheal wrote:The fact that you even specify the drill needs to be "cordless" is not very confidence inspiring.
the one i use has a cord to my batteries
Vas Carmicheal · · Mexican Hat, UT · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 6
Darren Mabe wrote: the one i use has a cord to my batteries
Can you actually unironically imagine defending this thought pattern?
Wiled Horse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669
Vas Carmicheal wrote: the one i use has a cord to my batteries Can you actually unironically imagine defending this thought pattern?

This phrase you have been using "actually unironically imagine" i dont quite understand. But my drill batteries go in pack with about 5' of cord to the drill. I used to fifi the batteries to a piece below me with about 30' of cord to the drill and I climbing. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Looking to borrow cordless Hammer drill"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started