Mountain Project Logo

New to Denver Area

Original Post
Chalk in the Wind · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 3

A friend of mine who is not a member here is moving to Denver in about a month. She loves climbing, but she's single and the people she knows out there don't climb, so she is worried about how to meet new climbing partners (there is an active and friendly FB group in her current area).

Assuming she does not join MP and use the forums and Partner Finder here, can anyone recommend any local FB or meetup groups for her?

Bill M · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 317

Get a gym membership. Climb 3 times a week at the same time. The person will meet folks of similar ability and find partners. It's pretty simple.

aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 300

^^ +1. All the gyms in Denver has a bulletin board, she can also post a note for partners. Of course, this is assuming she's looking for climbing partners, and not just a group of friendly people to hang out with.

mark felber · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 41

There is a Facebook group for female climbers in the Denver, or so I'm told. The one or two ladies who have mentioned it to me seem pretty happy with it.

Like Bill M said, join a gym and use the bulletin board.

The Colorado section of the MP partner finder is extremely active, and most of the people using it seem to be from Front Range cities. It would be a little silly for your friend to move here and not use Mountain Project.

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 86

there is a meetup group (although I personally don't think that works super well for climbing), mountain project, gym bulletin boards, etc. She should have no problem finding people to climb with.

ss · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 10

Robert, I'll send you a PM. There are a few female FB groups that are pretty great.

Arlo F Niederer · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 515

Join the Rock Climbers of Colorado Springs meetup group.

The group climbs at least every other weekend (Shelf, Elevenmile Canyon, Valley of Chickens, etc), and in the spring climbs at Red Rocks or Garden of Gods on Monday afternoon. There are members from Denver, Breckenridge, and other areas which come to meetups.

Friendly group with a wide range of abilities from 5.7 to 5.11.

Nate Allen · · Denver, CO · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 15

Denver Social Climb group on FB is petty active

SheJumps does a lot of events locally and seems like a cool way for women to meet up.

There's also a group called Outdoor Women's Alliance that my wife recommended.

Lastly Movement Climbing and Fitness has a women's climbing group and I assume some of the other gyms might have something similar.

Cheers!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "New to Denver Area"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started