Mountain Project Logo

Trad, Sports or Boulding in Red Rock or nearby 23rd - 29th April

Original Post
Carl Anderson · · Las Vegas · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 0

In Vegas and keen to climb for 6 full days from the 23rd to the 29th April. Trade, Sports, Bouldering I love it all. looking to do full days out on the rock. If oyu have a project or idea I'd love to join in. Will have a car and all the gear, except a boulder mat. But I'll probably rent one. Can climb confidently on gear up too 11c/d-ish, sports 12.a/b maybe higher who really knows. boulder around V7-8 Been climbing for 15+ years. From Sydney Australia I also like to drink beer and party ;-) ( not during climbing, should that help ) PM me or reply here.

Anyone going to be around Red Rocks these dates?

Bumping up the list until I find some people :)
Can climb all day long have car.
Happy meet you anywhere.
Really like the look of Tilt Sift - bit of a drive tho.

Emile Young · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Carl, I'm in Vegas 22-27 and looking to climb that first weekend (Sat 22-Mon 24). My climbing partner is flying in Sat night, so I'm set for Sun/Mon, but looking for Saturday, also happy to climb with 3.

This will be my first time at Red Rock, looking to lead sport 10s/follow trad. Have been climbing for 2 years in New England area. No car. Will have gear minus a bouldering pad and trad rack.

PM me/reply here :)

Stephan Krien · · Salzburg, Austria · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Carl.
Would be around 27th and 28th.
I'm driving with a car from LA to Vegas during the early morning hours on March 27th. Would probably show up at around 10am at Red Rocks.
Would like to do some sport climbing.

Let mehr know

Stephan

Nick D'Hulster · · Da Nang, VN · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 10

To Carl, it's a ways out but I'll most likely be out around d vegas in that time. I lead about the same so Levitation 29 would be a cool one to do which is a pretty long day. I have a pad and a car with plenty of gear as well. But me up as the days get near that you arrive. 9045538571

Hi Nick D'Hulster will definitely message you when I arrive.
Might be to hot for Levitation ??? but have not expectations ;)
Speak to you soon.

Regards Carl

Stephan Krien wrote:Hi Carl. Would be around 27th and 28th. I'm driving with a car from LA to Vegas during the early morning hours on March 27th. Would probably show up at around 10am at Red Rocks. Would like to do some sport climbing. Let mehr know Stephan
Thanks for the message Stephan Krien. I'm down for some Sport Climbing for sure! Have you climbed at RR before? I haven't so some knowledge is better then none ;)

Thanks Carl.
Emile Young wrote:Hi Carl, I'm in Vegas 22-27 and looking to climb that first weekend (Sat 22-Mon 24). My climbing partner is flying in Sat night, so I'm set for Sun/Mon, but looking for Saturday, also happy to climb with 3. This will be my first time at Red Rock, looking to lead sport 10s/follow trad. Have been climbing for 2 years in New England area. No car. Will have gear minus a bouldering pad and trad rack. PM me/reply here :)
Thanks for the message Emile, I just looked at my schedule and I cant actually start climbing until the 23rd the Sunday. So you partner will already be their.
Will let you if I get some time of on the 22nd in the arvo.

Thanks Carl
Juan Vargas · · Bakersfield, CA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 1,115

Hey Carl,

I will be in RR during those days and would be down for a long multi. I have done L29 though. Let me know if you want to partner up!

Juan

Juan Vargas wrote:Hey Carl, I will be in RR during those days and would be down for a long multi. I have done L29 though. Let me know if you want to partner up! Juan
Hello Juan, thanks for the message. I'll contact you when I'm in town. Long multi, don't know how fit I'll be so go easy on me ;-) But should be able to wiggle my bum up at least 6 pitches.

Thanks Carl

To Carl,
Yes, I've been at RR 4 times. Great place to be.
We haven't got such a beautiful sandstone in Europe.
The point is, that I will arrive by plane in LA on Monday morning and would take a rental car to drive up to Vegas.
If I don't find a partner until Sunday evening I will cancel the whole trip and stay in the LA area.
Hope for yourself feedback....

Stephan

Hope for your feedback....grrr , hate the auto-correction of the keyboard

Stephan Krien wrote:Hope for your feedback....grrr , hate the auto-correction of the keyboard
Hello Stephen, I'll be there a for sure on the days you say your arriving.

Will contact you closer to the time.
Where's Walden · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 219

I'll be stoked to climb 25-30th. Lead 12- trad/sport onsight if im lucky. 

Eric Lesch · · Portland, Or · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 0

I'm also looking to climb today, or the next two days.  Let me know by text 847-915-9839

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada Partners
Post a Reply to "Trad, Sports or Boulding in Red Rock or nearby…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started