Mountain Project Logo

Silvretta 500s. Size large

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Jeremy Stoshick · · Troy, MT · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 40

Lite use silvretta 500 bindings

Comes with free hagan carbon skis and skins if ya want them.

$300 firm

Mike Hazard · · Ballston Lake, NY · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 310

What size boots do they fit? Need them for a pair of 43.5 Nepal Cubes.

Will post pics tomorrow as internets are too slow.

Skis:

69 underfoot
95.5 shoveI think 33m radius

Carbon hagen

As for size, 315-370 mm length boots. I used w/ nepals, just dandy. Side 45 & 46. Had plenty of room to make em shorter.

Will split shipping cost.

I was looking for something much wider, unfortunately.

m russi · · New Haven, CT · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 15

PM'd

Will ship for free. Price is firm at $300. Includes skis, skins, bindings, and leashes.

Interested in selling just the bindings at all?

I am giving the skis and skins away with the bindings! :-)

Its a solid set up for the NE. The skis float better than half way decent because they aren't too short and turn nicely because they are skinny & have a 22M radius. I know everyone thinks they want fat skis - but skinning/skiing in mountaineering boots, especially something you will want to climb ice in, will quickly make you want skinny lite carbon skis.

I wouldn't exactly call it "giving away" the skis for $300. Silvrettas might not be made anymore but they aren't worth $300 even brand new. From what I've seen around for sale recently more like $150, maybe $200. I'd still prefer skis that are shorter and wider, personally.

I looked on ebay and that is where I came up with price. I paid $350 for this set up about 2 years ago. Figured around $50 for shipping nets me $250 for a set up that worked damn nice for me. But if price is really the issue for you, let me know and I will just give them to you. Pay for shipping.

I noticed lots of other Silveretta bindings on here sold for a little shy of what I am asking and was never able to get my paws on a pair for much less.

Fair enough, I just won't use them enough to justify the $300. Were you using them for ice climbing approaches?

I was & had so much fun / enjoyed that I started to take them out just to get in some cardio - which is what lead me to buy a new set up. I also relocated where the approaches just got a whole lot longer - so a modern / dynafit carbon set up had to be had anyway as I am pretty sure it would be criminal to neglect all the opportunities. The approach ski way is so much more fun than putting in a bunch of post holes and way more fun / easy than slow shoes.

If you are thinking of going this direction, Nepal Cubes are not stiff when compared to plastics or ski boots. I could not imagine using my ice boots with a fatter ski and always thought it made sense to keep ski weight as little as possible for when they were on my pack and not my feet. My 2 cents / experience at least. These are also a size large - I noted in an earlier comment you mentioned 43.5; unfortunately, these will not fit your boots.

Eric Christensen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Did these sell yet?

Sold. Thanks for the interest everyone. 

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started