Mountain Project Logo

Best Guidebook for Joshua Tree Rattlesnake Canyon area

Original Post
Matt Christie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hi everyone. I am planning on doing some sport climbing in a couple weeks in the Rattlesnake Canyon area, including Iceberg Boulder and in the Rattlesnake Wash Hillside area (Alien Head area, Leisure World, and Stealth Pillar area). I was wondering if anyone could suggest which guidebook would be best to purchase for maps/information of these climbs? Thanks!

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 349

Wow... I didn't know there were Sport Climbs in Rattlesnake Canyon.

Locker when did this happen???

Matt Christie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0
Locker wrote:https://www.mountainproject.com/v/rattlesnake-wash-hillside/106744875 Print it up and you'll be good to go! As far as guidebooks go, my personal favorite is Randy Vogels current guidebook on JT. (Available at Nomad Ventures on the way into the park ;-) But there are many others.
Thanks a lot Locker!
FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
Locker wrote:https://www.mountainproject.com/v/rattlesnake-wash-hillside/106744875 Print it up and you'll be good to go! As far as guidebooks go, my personal favorite is Randy Vogels current guidebook on JT. (Available at Nomad Ventures on the way into the park ;-) But there are many others.
Which "current" Vogel guidebook has Rattlesnake Canyon in it? He has several guidebooks. Do you know the title of the one that covers RC?

Edit: Maybe you are referring to his recent best-of guidebook, "Joshua Tree Climbs 1000 of the Best Climbs in Joshua Tree"? That book has Corral Wall and Rattlesnake Buttress only in it.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Best Guidebook for Joshua Tree Rattlesnake Cany…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started