Mountain Project Logo

Jtree temps?

Original Post
Desert Monkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 5

Wondering if anybody currently staying in the park or who may have just left could tell me what the day/night temps have been in the last few days. I've lost confidence in the accuracy if the forecasts. Heading back on Monday and if the temps have truly gone up as the forecast suggests it'd be nice to know from someone who's in the know. Thanks

John Hegyes · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2002 · Points: 5,676

National Weather Service data from Lost Horse Ranger Station:

wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getob…

Carey De Luca · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

I live just outside the park. It is perfect out here right now. Shorts in the day, sweater at night. Only problem is how busy it is with spring breakers. But that is what can make it fun, too. Enjoy!

Thanks for the link john. I'll be going down Monday or Tuesday. I don't care if I can't get a site at hidden valley but hopefully it's not so bad that I can't get one at jumbo. Thanks for the weather info fellas.

Carey De Luca · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

And ladies!

yosem1te · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 25

I was there last week. It heated up to about 80 during the day on the last day I was there, and I believe the weather was supposed to stay pretty similar for a little. Blue skies. Overall, just amazing climbing weather.

phylp phylp · · Upland · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,102

Just back from 2 days there. Too hot in the sun. Very pleasant in the shade.

Thanks again for the info ladies! And gents. I'm going down Tommorow so I'm sure I'll find the answer to my next question but I can't help but ask. What's the deal with the blooms? Is it going off yet?

Pete Bohler · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 25

I was there yesterday. The bloom hasn't really started in the main part of the park (though the J Trees are blooming). The best wildflowers were down between Cottonwood and the 10. As others mentioned, the park is super green and temps are perfect.

Pete Bohler · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 25

Also, it is super crowded--no campsites available in the park as of Tuesday night.

BryanOC · · All over · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

Anyone dirtbagging solo right now and needs a partner for Sunday? Solid 5.7-5.8 climber. I'll happily follow on harder stuff. Safe and contentious climber here! Have rack and 70m rope!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Jtree temps?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started