Mountain Project Logo

Median Nerve problems in middle finger

Original Post
David Pagel · · Milwaukee · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 180

So I found that after reaching up for a sloper well above my head and straining to keep myself to the wall that I came off the route to the right side of my middle finger. Iv seen a doc, I know it's not carpal tunnel. But I'm just wondering if anyone had any issues like it. I haven't climbed for about 5 weeks now and I believe it's gotten better but I'm just looking for some insight.

kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 16,608

What was your doctor's diagnosis?
What tests were performed?

What are your symptoms?

Whose idea was it to stop climbing for 5 weeks?

This was in connection to a ulnar nerve trans location surgery that I had done in October. It was in the same arm. I have had issues with nerve damage in my Ulnar and after starting a few climbs had issues with my Median was told I needed more time off. The strength and tap test was done on my wrist and I showed no signs of compression there. I'm not worried about needing more surgery. I was just reaching out to everyone to see if anyone else has had issues with basically straining or pulling nerves to the point of losing feeling in a part of your hand

john strand · · southern colo · Joined May 2008 · Points: 1,640

shit David, i was just about to ask about the ulnar...I had ulnar release (not transposition) and then had carpal nearly a year later. They were 2 distinct issues for me....

Were you back climbing relatively quickly after the CT?

I was going to be, but then got a staph infection 6 weeks post op...just getting off antibiotics now.They had to open things up again..10 stitch this time

Shit man sorry to hear it... Iv been dealing with this nerve issue for a year now. Super slow healing process that seems to never end

David Pagel wrote:Shit man sorry to hear it... Iv been dealing with this nerve issue for a year now. Super slow healing process that seems to never end
Really sucks because the other wrist has symptoms as well, not ulnar, but CT

Was your CT from climbing related use or from computer/other activities?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Injuries and Accidents
Post a Reply to "Median Nerve problems in middle finger "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started