Mountain Project Logo

Devil's Lake Climbing Partners this Sunday or Monday?

Original Post
Bluedirt · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 240

I will be visiting the Madison area this weekend. Weather looks good for Sunday and Monday and I'm looking for DL climbing partners. Is anyone interested in top roping? I can lead and lead-belay, but not planning on bringing gear (other than personal gear) and Im looking for a low-key TR day. I have been climbing for more than 10 years and on TR can do 11s (maybe easier at the lake?). Would be happy to give you a catch on anything though. PM me if you are interested!

Ethan Clark · · Verona WI · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 260

I live around Madison, I haven't done ropes in a year or 2, just bouldering. I'd love to get back into ropes if you'd be willing to work with me a bit, or meeting up for some bouldering. I'll either be there, or Gov. Dodge this weekend.

Doug Hemken · · Madison, WI · Joined Oct 2004 · Points: 13,678

There will certainly be plenty of folks out on Sunday. Can't say about my own plans yet.

Max Rieg · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2016 · Points: 5

I was planning on trying to drag my wife up to Devil's Lake this weekend. We don't quite crush 5.11 but if you're willing to aim a bit lower hit me up and we might be able to make something work!

Also, not sure if it will dry out by then / what rock will be looking like.

Did you have something specific you were looking to climb?

Will Schira · · Madison, WI · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 20

I'll be there be TRing with a 2-3 others somewhere sunny on the east rampart on Sunday. We'll probably set two lines, one 5.7/5.8 and the other 5.9/+

Hammocks, food, and beer are the other three essentials we're bringing. We'll be there early and likely all day.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

If you climb 5.11 you might make it up a 5.9 at the Lake.;)

CRAG-list-KILLA · · Wisconsin · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 205

Baraboo got like 5" Wednesday or Thursday GL

Will Schira · · Madison, WI · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 20

oh sweet, we won't have to worry about warm beer this time!

or bats crawling out of the leaf litter right next to our packs...

from pseudo hawk's nest two weeks ago

el bat

el bat 2

some snow sounds nice!

Kyle Wills · · Whidbey Island, WA · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 1,110

I am also heading up with a handful of climbers sunday from the Chicago area. Also worried about finding dry spots to climb. Any suggestions on walls that dry out first in the area? Anyone have any reports from today (saturday)

Sounds like it may be a crowded weekend, especially if everyone tries to cram on to the East facing walls.... can't wait.

Double J · · Sandy, UT · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 3,946

I am sure it will not be crowded on Sunday.

I would suggest checking the Bedroom Wall, Brintons & Gill's or Hawks nest (maybe not bucket) to be dry this weekend.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Devil's Lake Climbing Partners this Sunday or M…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started