Mountain Project Logo

Sell me your gently used soft shell

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Danger-Russ Gordon · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 590

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a gently used soft shell, what I mean by gently used is less than 20 days on it, with no functional issues like holes or broken zippers or big stains. I could live with cosmetic issues like small stains or discoloration for the right price. I would like to spend around 150, but obviously I'm looking for a respectable deal, nobody comes to MP to pay retail.

I don't have a strong preference for color, but I do like blue, darker greens, orange, and black. Must have a hood. don't care what year/season it is. I'm 6'1 180 lbs, so I'm kind of between a medium and large, kind of depends on the jacket.

Styles of jackets I have in mind:

Patagonia knife ridge
Patagonia Adze
Dead bird Gamma MX
BD Dawn Patrol

I'm open to any offers but thought I would try to be as specific as possible without being too restrictive. I live in Phoenix right now, but will be moving to SLC in a few days incase your around there and we can meet up instead of ship. PayPal is probably easiest as far as payment. let me know if you have questions.

Caleb Mallory · · AMGA Certified Rock Guide; PNW · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 425

Any interest in Eddie Bauer's Sandstone Shield? I've got a brand new one I'm willing to sell.

Sandstone Shield Softshell

Sandstone Shield Softshell

eddiebauer.com/product/men-…

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274

Marmot softshell olive green like new $40 + shipping

--- Invalid image id: 112526082 ---

--- Invalid image id: 112526083 ---

--- Invalid image id: 112526084 ---

--- Invalid image id: 112526085 ---

curt86iroc wrote:Marmot softshell olive green like new $40 + shipping
pretty interested in this, any chance you know the model name so I can do a little more research. any change you can tell me your height/weight and how it fits you so I can get an idea of how it might fit me?

Thanks!
Ol Leatherhands · · Olympia, WA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hi there. I have a brande new Adze Hybrid insize medium. Should fit perfect on account of being a regular fit (versus a slim). Tags attached. $100 + shipping ($6ish)

It's hoodless.

I also have brand new Patagonia Levitation hoodies in Arbor Green and Forge Grey, both in size medium. They would make a very good trim fit for your size. Tags attached. $110 + shipping

Let me know if you're interested! Thanks! Shipping is in a flat rate Priority mail (2-day) padded envelope.

If you are interested I can send you a PayPal invoice and automatically generate a shipping label, which would provide you with PayPal' buyer protection. :)

calebmmallory wrote:Any interest in Eddie Bauer's Sandstone Shield? I've got a brand new one I'm willing to sell. eddiebauer.com/product/men-…
I appreciate the offer, but there is something inside of me (probably just stupid ego) that does not like the idea of Eddie Bauer. but seriously, thank you for taking the time.
Graham Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

You know, Eddie Bauer has a longer climbing pedigree than every other brand mentioned so far. Just fyi.

Graham Johnson wrote:You know, Eddie Bauer has a longer climbing pedigree than every other brand mentioned so far. Just fyi.
that is interesting, and I didn't know that. I imagine there is a lot about that brand I don't know, but its mostly the fact that nobody I trust or climb with seems to own their products. I've never heard anything bad, I've just never heard anything good about them either. at least I have some reference points on the other major brands.
Daniele Nicolodi · · Boulder, Co · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 5

Hello,

I'm selling a new (like in never used) La Sportiva Halo Softshell

mountainproject.com/v/fs-la…

I'm selling it because it is too big for me (and I got a smaller one).

Let me know.

Cheers,
Dan

Pine Sap · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 7,190
Graham Johnson wrote:You know, Eddie Bauer has a longer climbing pedigree than every other brand mentioned so far. Just fyi.
http://www.oregonphotos.com/EddieBauer1.html
Pine Sap wrote: oregonphotos.com/EddieBauer…
Super cool, thanks for the link!
Sean Burke · · Concord, CA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 75
Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 927
calebmmallory wrote:Any interest in Eddie Bauer's Sandstone Shield? I've got a brand new one I'm willing to sell. eddiebauer.com/product/men-…
I'm interested on this. I wear small to medium depending on the brand and jackets. What are your dimensions? Most shifts for me I can wear a medium fine but jackets usually a small or medium.
Dave Holliday wrote:I have an Arcteryx Gamma MX softshell (size medium). It's in very good condition. I'm 6'0" 160lbs and it's a little loose on me. I'm asking $100 for it.
Hi Dave, I just got a PM for another gamma mx but the hoodie version, but your price is noticeable better. I'm waiting to see some picks of the hooded MX to see if its worth the extra cost. But I'm interested and will keep you posted. Thanks!
curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274
Danger-Russ Gordon wrote: pretty interested in this, any chance you know the model name so I can do a little more research. any change you can tell me your height/weight and how it fits you so I can get an idea of how it might fit me? Thanks!
Sorry, i don't know the model name off hand and I can't find it on the jacket. It's a model from a few years ago and i bought new at REI. I'm 5' 10" 145 lbs and it fits perfect.
Caleb Mallory · · AMGA Certified Rock Guide; PNW · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 425
Jan Tarculas wrote: I'm interested on this. I wear small to medium depending on the brand and jackets. What are your dimensions? Most shifts for me I can wear a medium fine but jackets usually a small or medium.
I find that it rests a little loose on me at 5'10 165 lb, especially the mid section. I'd be willing to sell it for $80 if you believe it'll be a good fit.
Danger-Russ Gordon wrote: that is interesting, and I didn't know that. I imagine there is a lot about that brand I don't know, but its mostly the fact that nobody I trust or climb with seems to own their products. I've never heard anything bad, I've just never heard anything good about them either. at least I have some reference points on the other major brands.
Lately they've been going through what seems to be a re-branding phase. They're guide pants for the price ($40 after discounts) is unbeatable. Their First Ascent line continues to offer quality products, and they've got a fantastic warranty policy.
Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 927
calebmmallory wrote: I find that it rests a little loose on me at 5'10 165 lb, especially the mid section. I'd be willing to sell it for $80 if you believe it'll be a good fit.
That price seems reasonable, unfortunately that will probably be way to big for me if its loose you on. I'm 5'6 and about 155lbs. A small would probably be a better fit
Jan Tarculas wrote: That price seems reasonable, unfortunately that will probably be way to big for me if its loose you on. I'm 5'6 and about 155lbs. A small would probably be a better fit
It is a small, perhaps you can check their sizing chart online.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started