Mountain Project Logo

Climbing past anchors?

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969

Yes, it is Inquisition! It's been awesome seeing how many people recognize them. My favorite band for about 4 years now. Not to mention that the picture is of them standing in front of my favorite "alpine crag".

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969
Old lady H wrote:Thanks, Nick! I think I said if I ever trad lead, but sport will be along soon enough, if I ever get to climb at all.... Like your rock stars! Way past my time, but great pic, anyway. I can't even remember who I liked in the 80's! Best, H. Forgot to add, I've not seen a 5.4 yet! We start at 5.6 around here, straight up vertical or steeper.
I did my first gear lead on a 5.6, you will survive! And just do your first sport lead next time you go out. The first few are always pretty scary, but it gets easier. Have fun!
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
Nick Sweeney wrote: I did my first gear lead on a 5.6, you will survive! And just do your first sport lead next time you go out. The first few are always pretty scary, but it gets easier. Have fun!
Might be tomorrow! I'm planning on asking the rope gun to let me have our first climb for the season. The kid gave me a stick clip for my birthday, so that will alleviate the only worry I've got-arthritic knees and boulder type falls aren't good. Betcha not a lot of moms get a stick clip for their 60th!

Other than that, I'll mainly have to remember there's a rope back there and not solo! If I get truly stuck, he can lower me, and finish it. I've got a nice pair of draws with steel lockers, for the top, or as needed. (Mother's day present!)

Standard route will be later. Still too cold for that one, and, pretty close to a great horned owl that needs her space in the spring. She's good with people around later, always fun to see the owls in the evening, but understandably cranky with the chicks. This mom gets that!

Thanks for everyone's help, but especially encouragement!

Best, Helen
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trad Climbing
Post a Reply to "Climbing past anchors?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.