Mountain Project Logo

Tc pro price question and similar shoe

Original Post
CRAG-list-KILLA · · Wisconsin · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 205

I was just wondering how often the shoes go on sale and how much you have seen them for... I know I seen them on sale a few months ago but I finally got to the point where my big toes(first knuckle kills after a decent gym sesh for a day or two) can't take being in my current shoes for a long period of time(scrapa boostics) and no they are not too small(actually a half size bigger than I could get into and comfortably wear) also I was wondering if there is a shoe that would be similar to the tc pro, I definitely don't need an aggressive shoe as the one I have now and would like them for multipitch(crack and edging) and I need my feet to be able to hold up all day

Ryan Kelley · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 655
gearexpress.com/la-sportiva…

you're welcome

Just get them and don't look back. I have fiddled around with the TC Pro, anasazi, boostic, and miuras and always come back to the TC Pros for what you are looking for.
SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

Edit: yeah. This!^^^^^ and gear express allows you to buy multiple pairs and return what you don't want free.

Are you asking specifically about TC pros? Or shoes in general. TCs seems to go on sale less often and for less % from my experience. 20-30% seems to be the max and about Avery 2-4 months this occurs. Certainly just before the holidays.

What size are you looking for? I have a brand new never worn size 45 in TC pro.

Butora mantra are a good board lasted, stiff and comfortable shoe that comes in narrow and wide sizes.

That's what's up thanks man!!!!!! Also how are they size wise to your boostics I seen on another post here about using paper to mark your heel and toe to get the size

My boostics are 42.5 but I appreciate the offer and actually going to order them right now thanks a lot guys mountain project rocks

Ryan Kelley · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 655

I am a 11.5 street shoe
Boostic comfort 45
Boostic painful performance 44.5
Miura lace comfort 43.5
Anasazi super tight sport performance 10.5
TC Pro 43.5 all day wear
TC Pro 44 only my big toe and little toe touch the ends, just a little too big for me
TC Pro 43, super tight performance could wear them for 3 or 4 pitches
Testarossa 43 comfortable climbing
Solution 42.5 could wear for awhile for bouldering

Hopefully that gives you an idea. The most relative fit between the Boostic and TC Pro for me was the 45 and the 43.5. So around 1 size below street shoe.

Thanks man just saved me 42$ appreciate it!

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

Don't forget active junky discount. 7% additional

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

As a general principle, don't ever pay full price for La Sportiva shoes. They're pretty much always on sale. I also have yet to find a higher performance multipitch/crack shoe than the TC Pro.

Cody Younkin · · Encinitas, California · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0

There is no better crack shoe then the TC Pro. Size 1/2 to a full size down. Buy them at REI and keep returning until you find the perfect fit.

If you want a cheaper crack shoe any will work just make sure your feet lie flat or will break in to lie flat.

Happy Jamming!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Tc pro price question and similar shoe"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started