Mountain Project Logo

thailand climbing

Original Post
climbingturtle Cordoba · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Hey everyone, I will be visiting thailand next month for the first time and would love to do some climbing. If anyone is in the Krabi area and would not mind someone tagging along for a day or two please let me know!

I have climbing experience (a lot of sport and a little bit of trad)

Thanks all
-Victor

Tris OMara · · Flagstaff · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hi, When will you be in Krabi? I'll be in Tonsai March 6th for a week or so then heading to Chaing Mai. I am looking for a climbing partner for both places.

I won't be in Krabi until around the 16th and I will be there for about five days.
Seems our schedules are flipped because I am starting out in Chang Mai

mikehilbert · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 1,324

Tristan,

I'm arriving in Krabi on March 7. I'll be exhausted after a long two days of travel but will be looking for a partner for the Monkey World multipitches probably around March 10th or so. If all goes well there, possibly the Candlestick multi's as well.

Is this your first time to Tonsai? HMU for beta, as I've been there before. Here's my blog post about my time there last fall

ouradventureyear.wordpress.…

Victor,

We may return to Tonsai for more climbing after getting scuba cert in Koh Tao. If so, I'll keep you posted.

that would be great, keep me posted!
thank you!

Jonathan Marek · · Spearfish, SD · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 2,497

Mike, great write-up. I was last in railay over a decade ago and I hear much has changed, including prices. I'm planning a trip with my wife this summer and have been surprised by the rental prices I'm finding online.

Where did you rent your gear for $100 for 5 days? Thanks for the info.

Varun Singh · · Providence, RI · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 136

Hey all, I'm going to be in Thailand from March 18th till the 24th. Not set on locations, but interested in sport and multipitch climbing. Let me know if you're interested

mikehilbert · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 1,324
Jon Marek wrote: Where did you rent your gear for $100 for 5 days? Thanks for the info.
At The Rock Shop, right off the beach in Tonsai. The owner's name is Dom. its was only 3500 baht for 5 days...normally 800 baht for full set (for 2) per day I think.

Hey Varun, If you decide to go to Krabi or tonsai area let me know! I will be in Krabi around the 16th - 22nd

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "thailand climbing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started