Mountain Project Logo

Ice Climbing Guides Review Adirondack Area

Original Post
Norseman Ice · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 40

I was recently looking for a guide for the Lake Placid Area and realized that I had only the brochures and cards from a local climbing store to go by. As I don't believe that the coolest looking advertisement necessarily corresponds with the best guide I thought it might be useful to ask those who have actually used ice climbing guides in the Adirondack area to rate and comment on your guides. Please be fair and honest, personally I am mainly interested in positive reviews, if you want you can rate from 1 star= :-( to 5 stars= :-). Thank You

Richard Murray · · Conway · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 95

I spent a day out with Ian Osteyee at Adirondack Mountain Guides. Absolutely fantastic, would recommend 100% and I've been trying to figure out when I can get back up to the area to climb.

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Rich Murray wrote:I spent a day out with Ian Osteyee at Adirondack Mountain Guides. Absolutely fantastic, would recommend 100% and I've been trying to figure out when I can get back up to the area to climb.
+100

I've hired Ian and his peeps more times than I can remember. Always a good day climbing and learning new things. Six stars :)
Dave Cramer · · Greenfield, MA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 7

Eleven stars for Silas Rossi at alpine-logic.com. He's skilled, safe, fun, chill, psyched, and generally a great person to spend time in the mountains with.

Dave

Jace Mullen · · Oceanside, Ca · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 10

Colin Loher at Adirondack Rock and River might be the most stoked person I've ever met. Disclaimer: I used to work with him but if anything it gives me a better insight into how rad of a guy he is. They also have their own ice park so oftentimes they are still able to do a lot of climbing even when the rest of the daks aren't in.

Zach L · · Northern Vermont · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 10

Kel Rossiter at Adventure Spirit Rock, Ice, and Alpine is the man.

IFMGA certified for Rock, Ice, and Alpine, and a great teacher - go with Kel if you want to learn and become a better climber.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Beginning Climbers
Post a Reply to "Ice Climbing Guides Review Adirondack Area"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started