Mountain Project Logo

WTB Big Bro 5

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Andrew Hancox · · Greenville, SC · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 235

I know that these were recalled and are no longer sold but I was really wanting to buy a used #5 Big Bro

Matt Kuehl · · Las Vegas · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 1,712

FWIW I don't think they were ever recalled, just no longer made, probably for cost reasons. Good luck and hope you find one.

dahigdon · · phoenix, Az · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 220
Matt Kuehl wrote:FWIW I don't think they were ever recalled, just no longer made, probably for cost reasons. Good luck and hope you find one.
I believe some of the big bros were recalled because the ends were not aligned parallel.. but I have a #5 that was aligned properly.

This image is kind of confusing because it makes people think the recall has something to do with the release button location, but the real issue is that if your tring to place a big bro that does not have parallel ends, it's going to be incredible unstable...
recall

here's a jenky sketch to help explain... You can imagine why the one on the bottom would be tough to place...
drawling
Andrew Hancox 1 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 35

yeah that makes sense. I just bough one from a guy and it is not the recall version for sure. Thanks for that info.

johnnyrig · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 105

I'm also interested in one. Even a recalled one.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.