Mountain Project Logo

Colorado Non-Profit Offering Affordable Outdoor Climbing Courses

Original Post
InsideOut · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0
InsideOut is a nonprofit organization focused on getting climbers the skills and knowledge they need to climb outside. We offer courses led by certified instructors that include both in-class and outdoor components, so students learn by doing.

Our courses teach students technical skills they need to minimize risk when climbing outside, including: anchor building, anchor cleaning, rappelling, knots, and assessing fixed hardware. We also discuss how to be great stewards of the land through awareness of ethics and access issues.

InsideOut’s instructors are certified by the American Mountain Guides Association, have decades of experience, and are passionate about teaching rock climbing. Class size is limited to five students per instructor so that students get individualized attention.

Most courses cost $150 and include 20 hours of instruction. The format is two weekday evening classroom sessions followed by two weekend days outdoors on the rock. Classroom sessions are currently scheduled in Denver, Colorado with outdoor sessions in Golden. More information about classes, dates, and locations can be found at our website, insideoutclimbing.org.
Mark Cowan · · Centerville, GA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 8

Do you ever have any need for volunteers to help with your organization? I'd love to assist if you ever have anything that you require extra assistance with.I am not an AMGA instructor, but I do have backcountry medical and search and rescue certifications, and I'm a valid EMT in NC, but I haven't had time to transfer everything and take my National Registry test to be valid in CO.

Hey MTCowan, thanks so much for your offer, that is extremely kind of you! We don't have anything right now, but if you email us at info@insideoutclimbing.org we will put you on the list! Thanks again!

Wally · · Denver · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

Hey InsideOut. My co-worker has some outdoor experience, but not a lot. Is he a good candidate for your courses? Or do you only do climbing gym to crag?

Wally

Hi Wally, while we do prefer folks have some belaying experience, there is no requirement that they learn or practice in a gym. Our Outdoor Climbing Fundamentals course is great for anyone wanting to learn or brush up on the basics for outdoor climbing, while our Traditional Lead Climbing Fundamentals course is perfect for those wanting to get started with traditional climbing. Feel free to have your friend email or call us and we can discuss what would be best for him. Thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Beginning Climbers
Post a Reply to "Colorado Non-Profit Offering Affordable Outdoor…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started