Mountain Project Logo

'17 Michigan Ice Fest Partners

Original Post
Mike Kubes · · Fort Collins · Joined May 2014 · Points: 191

Is anyone looking for partners to climb with during MI Ice Fest?

I’m heading to Munising solo and looking to do some climbing preferably Wednesday, Thursday or Friday to avoid some of the crowds. I have gear and about 8 Screws. I’m too cheap to sign-up for a $100+ climbing clinic.

Also, This is my first time going… Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations in regards to places to stay, routes, Etc.

Thanks!

Jacob palmer · · Akron · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 5

If you are looking at doing top rope, get out early as finding open lines to climb becomes near impossible. Go to some of the more remote areas. Climb Dairyland.

Erik Dahl · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Mike,
I had the same early arrival plan. I lack ice screws but I'm willing to commit my 70m dynamic rope, and quickdraws. Let's establish a more personal line of communication. Email me. Erikdahl110111@gmail.com

Jack C · · Green River, UT · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 325

Yeah I winter camped up there multiple times throughout college. All that national forestland just begs you to set up your tent two-hundred feet off the road. Definitely an option.

Double J · · Sandy, UT · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 3,952

Plenty of sneaky spots in the woods (and beaches) off the road to find and set up camp. That being said, the park has winter camping rules if you find yourself in the park boundary.

I'll be up Tueaday. Might head out Wednesday and will also need a partner, but that's so long from now, I don't even know what is happening next weekend!

Juggler Jones · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 1,185

Heading up Thurs afternoon till that next Monday...PM me if needed. Might have space in our room...

Greg Bok · · Chicago, IL · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 5

I'm planning on heading up solo as well, possibly in time for Thursday/Friday. Haven't booked anywhere to stay yet. Not a leader, but I do have a full set of screws and a rope.

Mike Kubes · · Fort Collins · Joined May 2014 · Points: 191

Ice Fest is here! Hopefully everyone has had a chance to confirm plans by now. I'm heading over wednesday morning. I'm looking to climb Wed afternoon, Thurs & Friday. Still flying solo, looking for competent, safety minded partner. I have gear and would like to get on some longer easy (WI 2-3) routes but Im up for whatever. This is my first year attending and with the warm temps I'm not sure what to expect.

ryancrichardson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 56

Looking to get on HMR Saturday, Dairy Land Sunday. If anyone would like to join in, I'd love partners to swap leads or follow!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "'17 Michigan Ice Fest Partners"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started