Mountain Project Logo

RRG TRAD

Original Post
Andy Matthews · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Looking to make a trip to RRG here in a few months. What should my trad rack consist of for there (cam sizes?)? Thanks for all the help!

Daniel B · · Michigan · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 257

I have a set of stoppers, doubles of C4's .5-3 and a single 4, and I've never really felt like I needed much more. Granted I don't climb very hard.

davidbr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 190

Pack for whatever size of crack that you want to climb. There are plenty of cracks and all sizes.

BrianWS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 790

David is spot on - you can go wide or thin at the red. Scope out routes you want to do there using the guidebooks and pack accordingly.

Thanks for the advice sounds like a solid plan. Looking forward to the new guide book coming out next month

Parker H · · Indianapolis · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

Hey most of the trad is in the north gorge that book is already out!

Brian L. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 90
Daniel Bologna wrote:I have a set of stoppers, doubles of C4's .5-3 and a single 4, and I've never really felt like I needed much more. Granted I don't climb very hard.
This, in general, but there are some routes that take the larger gear too. If you have a 5 and 6, I'd bring them unless you're really strapped for space. The guide book doesn't always give you the beta on this. (For instance, "She Loves Me" at Willies Wall. While it can be lead without a big bro or #6, it protects much better with one.)

Awesome thanks a lot!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "RRG TRAD"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started