Mountain Project Logo

BD Cobras Like New $425

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Chris C · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 396

I've got a pair of Black Diamond Cobras for sale that are in like new condition. They are both the hammer version of the tool.

I used them on one single pitch of pure ice as a trial run, so there are no dings or scratches on the axes or picks.

$425 pickup in Seattle
$450 shipped to anywhere in the USA
$425 pickup in Canmore, price in USD, send me a PM for details

--- Invalid image id: 112485784 ---

I know somebody wants these tools for a great deal!

George Haskett · · Pocatello, ID · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 25

Season is quickly winding down.
Do you have some good photos?

George Haskett wrote:Season is quickly winding down. Do you have some good photos?
They also make for equally (if not better) technical mountaineering axes. I'll get some photos up this evening.

Photos added

Ross Fouladi · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

hey Chris, I ordered a pair of cobras a couple weeks ago otherwise I would have been happy to take these off your hands. Having tried them out and then proceeding to sell them, I take it you weren't happy with them-can I ask why?

Ross Fouladi wrote:hey Chris, I ordered a pair of cobras a couple weeks ago otherwise I would have been happy to take these off your hands. Having tried them out and then proceeding to sell them, I take it you weren't happy with them-can I ask why?
Hey Ross! I've got slightly poorer circulation that most in my hands, so I have to wear insulated gloves on colder days. I was having trouble using thicker gloves with the aggressive pinky rest on the Cobras, where the gloves would get jammed into the rest and I could no longer easily manipulate the tools. My tendency then was to death grip the tools up higher on the handle, which is no good. Kind of a stupid problem to have, but it makes the tools very hard for me to use.

Aside from that, they were easy to use right off the bat. Side by side comparison with Nomics and X All Mountains, they get nice purchase with little swing. The Nomics require a very specific swing motion or else you just are bashing at the ice. The X All Mountains go in easy, but I find the geometry makes their hard to aim for whatever reason. Obviously a good climber can probably climb WI6 without second thoughts with any of these tools though! The Cobras are also much more versatile than the other two tools because you can screw on an adze and unscrew the rests and have a sweet alpine tool. That is actually the whole reason I got them. I was hopeing to buy these and sell of 4 other tools - and probably would have if the pinky worked with my gloves a bit better!
Ross Fouladi · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Got it, appreciate the feedback!
Great deal for a pair of minimally used cobras-retail is over $600. Surprised someone hasn't snagged these yet.

Saturday morning bump!

Sunday bump!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.