Mountain Project Logo

UAE/Oman-April 14 and/or 15

Original Post
Panini Sportini · · McHenry IL · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

Hello,
I planned a 3 day layover in Dubai hoping to visit my cousin in Oman and also get some climbs in. Unfortunately, my cousin is going to be out of town (long story as to why I didn't coordinate with him/not important.) Now I have 3 days and I am not a shopper and don't know what I would do in Dubai.
I would love to go out and climb if I can find partners. I can lead sport 5.10/trad 5.8 comfortably. Bouldering is also an option.
I know April will be the beginning of the hot season and am not sure if people continue to climb. But if you are free on those days and can climb with me, ping me!
Thanks
Harini

Joe Kain · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Is that 3 full days or 3 days total? I don't live in Dubai but have spent a lot of time there for work. If it's three days total that might be cutting it a little close. I would just hang out in Dubai for a few days. Eat some fish and prawns with your hands at Bu Qtair Restaurant, boulder at Rock Republic, hang out on Jumeira Beach, and if you have the money - go skydiving over the Palm, which is worth every penny.

Sorry to say I can't help you much with the climbing. I've tried to plan a few trips to Oman while I was there but for various reasons never pulled it off.

awolf · · New York, NY · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 15

Hey- there's some really great hiking and canyons to check out in Oman so if you don't end up climbing you could always rent a car and go explore solo. Send me a PM if you want suggestions. Can google for Snake Canyon.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "UAE/Oman-April 14 and/or 15 "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started