Mountain Project Logo

Guide to Stone fort other than the book?

Original Post
CrimpDaddy WesP · · Chattanooga!! · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 3,185

Hey all

curious if there is some sort of map or guide to where the areas are in Stonefort (little rock city). The book looks sweet but at $30 I was hoping there would be at least a pdf or something with a map of the boulders. any help is appreciated. thanks

paul.adams.3 · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 45

not sure if this will be helpful, but I climbed there with a guy who had an old comp guide from back in the day. it was basically just a hand drawn map of the boulders and some select problems. maybe you can find it online?

paul.adams.3 · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 45
http://shilohsedgeclimbingteam.blogspot.com/2009/04/little-rock-city-guide.html

i think this was it. look on the side for the download under hard to find topos
Jordan Mitchell · · Lookout Mountain · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 40

The guidebook is worth every penny.

CrimpDaddy WesP · · Chattanooga!! · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 3,185

Thanks Paul!

JD Borgeson · · Little Rock, AR · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 2,059

The boulder field is a maze of hundreds of boulders. MP is useless here because most of the climbs are just listed with no location or photos. your best bet is to watch a lot of videos and figure out what you may want to climb, then go and just ask around/look for familiar boulders. honestly, just get the guidebook. it will save you a lot of frustration. but if you just want to climb, you can show up with nothing and just climb what looks good. there is no approach and the boulders are hella concentrated.

Brad Caldwell · · Deep in the Jocassee Gorges · Joined May 2010 · Points: 1,400

I have a copy of an older Triple Crown guidebook on my old bouldering website...go to UpstateBouldering.blogspot.com and scroll down the page to a list of South East Topos and Guidebooks on the left hand margin and click on the LRC Guide link. I also have several other mini-guides and resources on that site if you look around a little. :)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Guide to Stone fort other than the book?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.