Mountain Project Logo

Car rental

Original Post
Alex · · Redmond, WA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 10

Guys!

Where do you usually renting cars (for super cheap) in Vegas. I know, I googled it but it is all about 30$ /day without insurance.

Please suggest!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Thirty dollars a day seems pretty cheap to me.

Jody Jacobs · · NE, GA · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 215

I just got $19 a day from Dollar, but it's for a week. That was thru expedia when bundled with a hotel.

If you're using a major credit card, the insurance is probably covered, best to check of course.

Good luck!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

"Loss of use" is probably not covered by either your credit card or your personal auto insurance policy. That can cost you a bundle if you don't buy it from the rental company (and you have an accident with the rental). It's worth checking out.

Miguel D · · SLC · Joined May 2014 · Points: 544

If you are a costco member you can get some good discounts too. You go through the costco travel website

Just checked real quick for this weekend and for Friday night to Sunday night (48 hours) is $33 total (no insurance)

Nyte Knight · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 10

Try checking the car rental places directly. And chose a non-airport location.

When I use to rent cars to go to Vegas, the airport location was always 20 dollars or more over a location just down the street.

The only downside to that is it requires an Uber or Taxi to get to the car rental place, meaning you might end up paying more.

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 195

i just got back from vegas last week. we rented a mini van from national for 6 days as we needed to haul a ton of gear. it cost us (after all fees and taxes) $322. thats $53/day.

probably not doin bad at $30/day

Howard Hutton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

Sorry, maybe this info is not so relevant but I think that here you can find the best option for cheap car rental. I personally many times use this resource and always was happy.  

Barry M · · WV · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Use autoslash.com to track your rental and get cheaper rates. I think including taxes ours was $18/19 a day. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Car rental"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started